Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Thread Digging

an_bt1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ Calais
I just wanted to hear other people's opinion about the whole thread digging concept, whenever im looking at questions others have asked a while back and i see a recent post they usually get pinned for thread digging, regardless of whether their input is useful or just plain pointless.

Pickle'

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
I just wanted to hear other people's opinion about the whole thread digging concept, whenever im looking at questions others have asked a while back and i see a recent post they usually get pinned for thread digging, regardless of whether their input is useful or just plain pointless.

In which case there is a report post button.

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car

i've got no problem with thread digging
get to see quite a few older threads rhat you may have missed

much better than the ones of late such as "what tools do i need for my job" and other **** like "zombie weapon of choice" etc etc

VRCALAISS

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
94 VR CALAIS 3.8L V6
this is a good case that the search button should have been used instead of a new thread http://forums.justcommodores.com.au.../188630-ebay-memcal-any-good-anyone-used.html
i searched an OMG!!!!

2ltipoj.jpg

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage

Tends to happen too much IMO. Quite often it's site admin/staff who jump down people's throats for what appears to me to be perfectly relevant questions or posts.

Reaper

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
Is there someone that can remove old thread such as that ^^^^^ so it doesnt happen?

It won't happen unfortunately, I enquired about it a little while back and the 'Classified moderators' shunned the idea because "they have better things to do..."

You try and search "F/S **insert random car part here**" and threads from years back come up, all either sold, sold and not updated or user inactive for years.

Shearer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute
Nothing is more annoying when about four members comment on one thread dig......

SavVYute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S V6 Ute Series II 2004
The best type of thread dig would be one where the original poster dug it up and says
"hey you know that problem we were all having with our cars and none of us could solve it?... This is how I fixed the problem...

But it will never happen :rofl: