Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Throttle body info required

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
modded bellmouth, do u mean the black plastic thing? if so why dont u just take it out?

nick88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SS Voodoo
whered you guys get the 70mm T/B from? was it bored out or whatever? how much did it cost? how long it take to change over?

VSIIBerlinaL67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
i got mine off ebay it was a orginal ecotec TB, that was bored out to 70mm, ported polished and new butterfly , for 200

shumway

Son of satan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 6/71 blown and injected 355 V6
i ended up only paying $150 including post for my 70mm throttle didnt notice much difference unless wide open as sir cruise said:thumbsup:

Jon Z

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS Series 2
The engine is only going to flow as much as the heads, intake runners and plenum will allow, adding a larger throttle body isn't going to give you much of a power increase at all, its more to do with response due to its ability to flow more air at wot. The stock one is fine its not really restrictive they can handle a fair bit of power before you need to upgrade, like a lot of lil mods its half placebo half performance.

Slow VR

Another White Crummodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Series II
Instead of friggin with stuff thats not meant to be frigged with, always drive ur car with 10L of fuel in it at all times, remove the spare wheel, never carry passengers, remove the back seat, empty all those cd's out of the glovebox and make sure ur tyres have the correct air pressure in them...

This reduction in weight will give the same if not more of a performace gain over stuffing around with throttle bodies!

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
I have a 75mm TB off my friends V8 (He upgraded to twin t/b), I didn't buy it so I'm not complaining.

The throttle response improved, gear shifts changed a little and uses more fuel. Some people have told me my car sounds better, but its never going to have the V8 roar.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
standard V6, throttle body is efficent enough.. unless ur motor is worked, big cam, heads.. as Jon Z said, its only gonna suck in as much as the heads n plenum allow. I have one, waste of money for the little gain u get, which is only throttle response, doesnt have to open as much as a standard one to get the same amount of air.. plus it screws with the shift points, makes it change earlier than what it would with the same amount of pressure on the accelerator.
if u can get it cheap, get one, but for $100-200+ i dont think its worth it..

shumway

Son of satan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 6/71 blown and injected 355 V6
Instead of friggin with stuff thats not meant to be frigged with, always drive ur car with 10L of fuel in it at all times, remove the spare wheel, never carry passengers, remove the back seat, empty all those cd's out of the glovebox and make sure ur tyres have the correct air pressure in them...

This reduction in weight will give the same if not more of a performace gain over stuffing around with throttle bodies!

well mayby the reason iv chaged it is because the 6 is stocked got ported heads n plenum biggest cam come do injectors replaced,I think i had justification for changing it dont make comments when you dont know

kaps

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx 2
Try a V8 type

Last edited: