Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

throttle cable

cruza

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
hi all,can anybody tell me if a vy ss cable throttle body will go onto a vx ss,and will my throttle cable connect to it without any problems,thanks in advance all.

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
Yes it will. They are exactly the same (stock for stock). The question remains, why would you want to swap them???

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Yes it will. They are exactly the same TB you can even mount them on the fly-by wire vz ls1. The question remains, why would you want to swap them???

Have the current one broken, and have the option to get a VY one for free/cheaps?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
The next door neighbour has a VY SS and he is going to steal it if it fits?

cruza

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
thanks all,no l a 84mm aftermarket one but it came off vy which has a bigger cable puller the one that's on the throttle shaft. the vx one is smaller so will the cable still fit.thanks.

cruza

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
has anyone used a vy throttle body on a vx gen3.just worried if the cable will be to short thanks all.

cruza

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
throttle body

yeah DLFHUB666 I have a starr 84mm throttle body that came off a vy which has a bigger cable puller you no the half round moon part that's connected to the throttle blade shaft, but the vx is smaller about 20mm,so just trying to find out if my throttle cable will fit,thanks.

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
Ring this place.
JHP Vehicle Enhancements
03 9877 0888

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
I have an aftermarket 85mm TB on my vx ss which came with 4 different size cable pullers I just selected the one that fit the best. There is a cable adjuster half way down the cable (I couldn't find a good pic on the net sorry). Lift up the tab, pull cable out or push back in, push the tab back down. Job done.
Now I dont know if youll get enough adjustment with this but it is there. Also I dont think you can but it might be possible to take the puller off the stock ls1 TB and place it on the 85mm TB if you cant get enough adjustment in the cable.

cruza

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
Has anyone got a vx gen3 throttle body hanging around they want to sell thanks.