Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tick, Tick, Boom!?

riewoldt12

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 Commodore Ute
Hey everyone, how ya goin?
I have a VS V6 Ute and in the past couple of days I have noticed a sort of ticking noise coming from under my bonnet(well at least I think it is coming from there) when I accelerate. Does anyone know what it could be? I had a new fuel pump put in it a couple of days ago too if that is any help.
Thanks everyone.

MarzVP

I now own a TARAGO!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 Tarago
Get a length of garden hose and use it as a stethascope to find the source of the noise.

riewoldt12

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 Commodore Ute
Nah, doesnt do it when ideling, only when i put my foot down on the accelerator.

V

VSAccCom

yeah prob ur lifters man, get some lifter free up **** from repco or something then thrash it, wont sound good, also but some high octone fuel in now and then

DJ Ice

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY07 VE Calais V
In my exprience lifters tend to make more noise at idle unless you have oil pressure problems at high revs. It maybe pinging...try some high octane fuel and see if it goes away. If it does away with the high octane fuel you may have a sensor or computer problem which is causing spark advance and or air fuel ratio problems.

V

VSAccCom

DJ Ice said:
In my exprience lifters tend to make more noise at idle unless you have oil pressure problems at high revs. It maybe pinging...try some high octane fuel and see if it goes away. If it does away with the high octane fuel you may have a sensor or computer problem which is causing spark advance and or air fuel ratio problems.

WEll not really coz when my lifter where clogged idle wasnt that loud but the more i drove the louder it got until i put some lifter free up in it, then about 20ks later no more noise and never had a prob since