Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Time Traveller Tyres

PeterVX2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX2 Equipe
I am about to replace my 6 year old 50,000 Dunlop Sport 01 tyres on my XR6. I checked the manufacture date on these, and two are 0311 and the other two are 0411. I just happened to check my purchase receipt for these tyres and it was dated March 9th, 2011.

Can tyre manufacturers “forward date” the manufacture date.

Two of my tyres have been fitted to my car BEFORE they were manufactured !

Any forum member in the tyre industry care to comment on this.

Also, my own fault, when I put new Bridgestone T001 tyres recently on my Commodore VX II, they were 23 months old when fitted !

Cheers All

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
According to this link (after two seconds of googling), the first two digits are the week of manufacture, not month - http://www.dunloptyres.co.za/Tyre-Care/What-Your-Tyre-Tells-You

So going by 0311 and 0411, both of those tyres would have been made in January 2011. Makes sense as doing a recall on a weeks batch of tyres would be waaaay easier than doing a months worth.

Last edited:

PeterVX2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX2 Equipe
My mistake, I have assumed the first figures were for the month of manufacture rather than the week.
Thanks for this.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Firstly, the Dunlops were manufactured in the 3rd and 4th weeks of 2011

The Bridgestones and the age issue.....Firstly tyres are warranted for 5 years starting from the date of manufacture....Some tyre manufacturers will honour a tyre from the date of purchase rather than the date of manufacture.....Unfortunately it has been a few years since I dealt with Bridgestone, so I am unsure how they operate these days, in this instance.....So I'd suggest getting onto a Bridgestone dealer and ask them.....Bridgestone are also members on this forum, so I'd suggest sending them a PM about this issue and see what response you get....