Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tinting problems

VZ SV6

2005 VZ SV6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 190kw & VZ Acclaim
I have my SV6 in at Tint-a-car for the second day in a row trying to get the midnight express fitted. They have tried twice to fit the tint but have been having heaps of problems in relation to the ceramic dots on the glass (especially the rear window). They have ordered and are now trying to fit a special version of the tint with more glue to attempt to make it stick over the ceramic dots.

Has anyone else had these problems, and has anyone noticed any issues later down the track after having this tint added?

Thanks.

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
ceramic dots? Have you got NASA edition windows? lol

I got my VY done in mindnight express and no problems what so ever. I'd say VY and VZ windows would be exactly the same.

Sounds like an excuse cus they ****ed it up, dont let them charge you for it!

VZ SV6

2005 VZ SV6
Reaction score
Members Ride
Haha :) Well they referred to them as being "ceramic". They are the little black dots that run around the edges of every window, and there is a thick strip of them which runs across the top section of the back windscreen. They now say that the car must have had tint on it before, which was supposedly ripped off before I bought it. Maybe beyond legal % before roadworthy??? They claimed that there was a glue residue the first time they tried, but I thought... wouldn't you clean the windows of anything before you applied the tint?? Go figure.

Definately will not be paying a cent more than quoted. I'm still a little bit paranoid now after seen the job they did the second time around....

Picking it up in 30 mins. Will advise of the result.

hsvpunk

volunteer firefighter
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss II M6
Teppa a forum member on here (in vic) has done a **** load of windows, and i dont think he ahs had any problems at all.

shiftySLE

The Lion will never Die!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE, VZ Acclaim
most cars including my VZ have got the dots and no tint problems at all, it doesn't look 100% coz you just cant get the tint to stick in between them but hardly noticable, I also reckon he just f**d up.

Kal123

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 && 180sx
Yeah most new cars have these dots...

Another vote for them screwing up.

Post some pics up when you have it back?

VZ SV6

2005 VZ SV6
Reaction score
Members Ride
Car back in one piece. Not a bad final job, but still a few points of interest. Back windscreen done, but a few very small bubbles in various areas. I know nothing about tinting, but the guy assures me that they will disappear when the moisture from the glue evaporates over the next two weeks. Car interior and exterior were streaked with windex (including the vinyl inside and door panels) which was not rubbed off. So yeah... Don't really know if a recommendation would be there, but thats a buyers preference and chance.

Tint-a-car Redcliffe answering your question BANKS.

Will get some photos asap to show everyone the end result.

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
The TintAcar in Bundaberg has done three cars for me now with formula one and I can't praise them enough! They also said that the air around the "dots" will fix itself when the glue dries. Oh and don't use rear de-mist for two weeks. Maybe the place you went to left much to be desired?

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
i've personally had 2 cars and have about 3 mates that have gone to the slacks creek tint a car on moss st. They have done an excellent job everytime.

Whats the difference between F1 and midnight express?