Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tinting problems

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
F1 is very slightly lighter than mid ex but has 25 year warranty, mid ex has 10 year warranty. The bloke who did my cars had f1 and reckoned it was better.

VZ SV6

2005 VZ SV6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 190kw & VZ Acclaim
I asked about that when I was in the shop, because they claim that midnight express is the darkest legal tint (35%) and the F1 is pretty much the same. Looking at the car now, its dark, but not limo dark obviously. Looks much better at night and you can't see in at all. He showed me some samples of 18% and 5% tints and you can barely see through them. Very cool :)

djmenow

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Holden Commodore Acclaim.
I am having the same issues with my VR. Same Midnight Express Tint from Tint A Car. I have had the car back for a 2nd time to replace a few of the window tints (Back Winscreen, Passenger Window and both rear qtrs). Bubbling that doesnt go away (little dots that they keep on saying will eventually go but dont).
Also the black dots you are talking about yep have the same issues on my car but I am not too concerned about it but it does not look like a 'clean install tinting' around those dots.
Looks better the 2nd time around but still not 100% happy.

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
Yes I will just stick with formula one. Very little difference to look at and it must be better if they give fifteen years more warranty.