Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

tinting vs headlights

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
evil_monkey said:
yeah i was gona get a set of those headlights for my vt, glad i didnt as i ended up selling it to get this ute.

these are the tail lights im getting they should set me back around $70 but these are the sorta headlights i was after they want $330 for them on ebay !!! and they are second hand ones

The headlights look good.

Torquen

Boost FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
450+ HP FORD XR6T
the alteza ones look good i reckon

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
kritical said:
i rekon altezza will release a set of tinteds soon i hope. they have for VTs and up so i rekon its a matter of time.

i hope so cos i want some black bezel ones for mine. talking to a guy that sells the altezza lights and he reckons they wont make black bezel cos they need the magnifing glass (eg. like monaro lights) to do it to get good light cos of the black bezels. too much mucking around to get it ADRed n stuff i guess.

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
nah I reckon that's crap. there's no glass or mirror tinted, just the3 grey surround.
buy some lights from a wrecker and mask up the glass and paint the plastic. paint it any colour, it won't affect visibility one bit

sicko

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS - Series 2 / Karma
DONT DO IT man the cops will fine your ass!!

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
funny, so many of these illegal items are sold in local auto shops or ebay. Take LED's for example, doesn't say on the package that it is illegal to put them in your headlights (except white I think). I reckon tints look great, but you can purchase the spray, but to spray it on your lights are illegal. Money making, auto shops make money, cops make money!!!

blaze

ridin dirty
Reaction score
Members Ride
SILVER BULLET
I dont think those lights on ebay would be even legal at all. they do not effect the light out put but they have been altered. ADR rules say (as posted b4)
australian standards include
1. Light must be very visable from 200 - 250meters away
2. light bulb must not exceed 7watts ( i think its seven anyrate )
3. light must not be altered in any way with an engineers cert. ( a mechanic will issue one if he has done the work )
4. the colour must stay the same and look the same up to 200 meters away

they are a an accesory that will catch a coppers eye and i rekon they would book you for it. Anyway i sent a msg to the seller askin if they were legal. but i dont think ill get a respose because i sent another straight after callin him a rip of $$$$... I think if every body readin this does tha same maybe he might lower tha price n some1 will buy it so we can see how they look.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Holden-VR-VS...QQihZ002QQcategoryZ102357QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

metalskin

get sum
Reaction score
Members Ride
73 HQ,VR & supercharged VS SS`s series 11
u can buy stuff in a pressure pack to tint lenses. dunno bout headlights coz they`d get hot

r_i_d_a_h

Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VS Commodore + '98 E36
LMAO ROTFL to all of yous who are thinking of autually tinting the autual head light and not the protective clear covers!! LMAO!

dead set geese..oh n btw its illegal to spray em str8 on the head light..your clean if u spray it on the protectors because u can remove em by hand