Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tipping

kane88

Reaction score
Members Ride
bf xr6 daily, vl project, wb ute project
The less sober I am, the heavier I tip.
It's simple math

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
The less sober I am, the heavier I tip.
It's simple math

Almost like me.. The less sober I am the heavier I fall.
It's simple physics.. tied in with lack of coordination;)

Chris E

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Executive 3.8
I tip at one or two bars when I order complicated stuff, won't tip for a smirnoff ice or beer or something like that, tip the pizza boy because its a long drive to ours, plus have good service from them.

sik_dose

Hybrids. Cars for fools.
Reaction score
Members Ride
1986 VL Calais Turbo, VZ SV6
I'm so much of a tight arse I expect the pizza boy to give me my 5 cents change.

I deliver pizza, i get complaints about how loud my VN is lol I get around $10 or $15 tips ever shift (4 or 5 hours) TIP YOUR PIZZA MAN!

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Tipping is not generally done in Australia because the wages here are far superior to most other countries, where hospitality staff rely on tips to top up their wages. I never tip for this reason.

sik_dose

Hybrids. Cars for fools.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dominos drivers ger payed $11.44 an hour plus $1.84 per order delivered and the company takes 25c per order back as "insurance" its not great money, but its an easy job so it makes sense. tips help paying for fuel.

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
You know what a nurses aid gets for looking after old people in nursing homes? I'm sure it's changed a little but not much. It was $12@hour when my wife was doing it and it's a hell of a lot harder than delivering pizza and she never got any tips. It can be so hard in fact that many of them end up injured from having to deal with falling heavy patients. They are told they should just let them fall but who with a heart can? If they break something they are dead.

lifeguard_aus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S pack Ute
I've always tipped for good customer service when I get it..which sometimes can be weeks in between lol

sik_dose

Hybrids. Cars for fools.
Reaction score
Members Ride
You know what a nurses aid gets for looking after old people in nursing homes? I'm sure it's changed a little but not much. It was $12@hour when my wife was doing it and it's a hell of a lot harder than delivering pizza and she never got any tips. It can be so hard in fact that many of them end up injured from having to deal with falling heavy patients. They are told they should just let them fall but who with a heart can? If they break something they are dead.

I dident know it was that bad for nurses in old folks homes. I voluntered in one while i was in school, dident last more than a week or two the place was just so depressing. Thats a national discrace, $12 an hour for that work.

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
I dident know it was that bad for nurses in old folks homes. I voluntered in one while i was in school, dident last more than a week or two the place was just so depressing. Thats a national discrace, $12 an hour for that work.

Sad that society sees it as less important than delivering pizza as far as pay is concerned. Checkout chicks were payed more.