Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

tips on converting from s/c to n/a??

lilmatty1990

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh executive
hey everyone my lil sister just got a superchared statesman and my dads not happy with the fact that its blown so i said id give it a new paint job n convert it back to n/a but i get the blower for my car :D.

just a couple questions though, i know theres alot of differences but would i get away with just changing back to n/a ecu and putting on the n/a intake manifold but weld up the injector holes or will i have to change other stuff too ??

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
better off swapping the whole motor to a stock ecotec. much less effort, and it wont be a total slug

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
probably easier to just buy an N/A statesman. or one thats a write off and transplant motor and everything else into the s/c one.

lilmatty1990

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh executive
:( dam it i want the charger n all its costin me is a paintjob lol if i have to do another whole motor thats just lame n i wont bother lol

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Sigh. If you searched you would of seen it's not as simple as rip blower off throw on N/A

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
What hakhawk said above is spot on :thumbsup:

And to explain why.... well the stock ecotec has a CR of 9.4:1 while the supercharged version only has 8.4:1 which is very blower friendly but crap for a n/a application.

CALAIS94

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
calais
screw what your dad thinks,she's old enough to have what she wants to doesn't she?

lilmatty1990

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh executive
well i did do a bit of searching n found out about the heads n injectors n ll that shiz but figured always better to ask especially if i cant find what i want by searching lol but yea n problem with her is that shes a fine driver on her own but around her friends is more of a ######## than most guys lol especially since she got a car with a blower she thinks shes top **** lol

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Your sister sounds like a retard.

lilmatty1990

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh executive
eh shes young, but a pretty gd driver for a girl lol nah her friends are pretty **** influence shes just a retard for listening lol