Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tips to improve Adventra fuel economy?

ozNick

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina 3.0 Auto
My wife was getting 13-14s around town and 11-12s on the highway.

I did a test in October 2014 and drove the Adventra from Canberra to Sydney with 5 people and luggage for an overseas trip. I got 8.7 on the way to Sydney and 9.2 on the return trip but this was an experiment on seeing how far I could get the consumption down.

Subsequently, I have replaced all filters (air, engine oil, transmission and fuel). Plus I replaced all fluids (engine, power steering , transmission, 2x diffs and transfer case) added Nulon G70 treatment to diffs & trans case. The old transmission oil (Dexron III) came out "as black as Darth Vader's underpants" (quote greenacc) and I put this down to the fact it is driving a 2 tonne vehicle with no transmission cooler. The BMW forums all recommended going to Dexron VI and the transmission and power steering were flushed with Dexron VI and I added a PWR transmission cooler.

Overall the daily fuel consumption has come down to 12-13s around town.

Whilst, the fuel consumption is best controlled by one's right foot, changing fluids and adding a cooler has contributed to an overall reduction in fuel consumption.

Hope that Helps, Nick

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
^^^ old thread I know but my wife is getting the same sort of figures mentioned above. I'm planning on giving it a tune sometime soon but need to sort out my zorst & intake first.

holdenvtman1123

Improvise Adapt Overcome
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com.au
Members Ride
VZ Adventra LX6 2006 3.6L
fyi the front diff is a higher ratio than the rear. the diff limits the fuel economy saving some what.

try_again

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra CX6 and VF SS Storm Sportwagon
fyi the front diff is a higher ratio than the rear. the diff limits the fuel economy saving some what.

How can that be? Is there some law of physics that Holden engineers have managed to bypass? If diff sizes were different the drive train would self destruct.

I wonder if you are thinking of the AWD Cross-track torque split between front and rear?

holdenvtman1123

Improvise Adapt Overcome
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com.au
Members Ride
How can that be? Is there some law of physics that Holden engineers have managed to bypass? If diff sizes were different the drive train would self destruct.

I wonder if you are thinking of the AWD Cross-track torque split between front and rear?

this thread was for adventra vehicles if not mistaken. yes they are AWD, this is why economy is isnt as good as its standard equal.

an Adventra without AWD would be Adventraless....

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
this thread was for adventra vehicles if not mistaken. yes they are AWD, this is why economy is isnt as good as its standard equal.

an Adventra without AWD would be Adventraless....

He was asking about weather the front diff was a different ratio than the rear. TBH I'm having a hard time thinking it thru how such a thing could work but have NFI. He wasn't disputing them being AWD

holdenvtman1123

Improvise Adapt Overcome
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com.au
Members Ride
He was asking about weather the front diff was a different ratio than the rear. TBH I'm having a hard time thinking it thru how such a thing could work but have NFI. He wasn't disputing them being AWD

agreed reaper, was just kidding around.

Peterbarcher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Adventra cx6
Ive just bought my CX6 runs beauty and done 400k over the weekend with a bit of a load got 12.2litres per hundy Im pretty happy with that and running 96 octane gas incidentally the trip was mostly windy roads up the Coromandel, most impressed with the cars performance and its done 190000ks

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
Unless your engine is tuned ditch the 98 as it will cost you more and give you less.

That is a start then you will save xxc a litre work that out to a x c per km and there is a good start.