Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

To all owners of VE SS or SSV wagons with modified exhausts

HUX 90

POSION VE SS UTE
Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SS UTE
You could try lining the rear floor of the wagon with dynamat to help reduce the drone

loku16

Reaction score
Website
www.addicted2fish.com.au
Members Ride
2010 VE SS-V Wagon
Yeah I bought Dynamat and everything but panel beater/repair place told me that it might be useless because of the ribbed floor on the wagon. You would be putting the sheet over the plastic ribbed area trapping air. Not sure what affect that will have. Also to remove all panels to line the wheel arches would set me back about $400 all up. That's $800 sound proofing job ($400 for the dynamat) for the boot because I'm not game enough to remove the panels myself!

SSV Redline

You Ride I Ride
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II SSV Redline Sportwagon
We have the entire cargo area lined with dynamat (including wheel arches) before having a full, 2.5 inch KPM system fitted. Don know if it drones as I dont know what a drone sounds like. Our AFM is still working and we use the semi auto function a lot. Isnt your Cruise For Charity 8 event coming up soon. Oh wait that is Brisbane. Go to the one in Melbourne and ask the question there where you can compare with other wagon owners. Hope you find a quick, cheap and permanent fix.

ON a side note, I'm off to Paris on Sunday for the third leg of our European tour and I have hired a maloo ute for a day for a trip from Bern to Brussels. Cant wait to wind up that V8 on their open roads.

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
I have a VE SSV wagon and got a full 3" exhaust including OTR and extractors from VCM. The bloody thing drones at 2000.
Arj

What configuration are the rear mufflers? I found with my SSV auto that the 'true' dual pipes with chrome tips coming out the back of the muffer created alot of drone at the 1800rpm range. I eliminated my drone by fitting a rear muffler which has a Y pipe with chrome tips.

glennho

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS -1977 HX Premier,2012 Hilux 4x4
get a j pipe(helmholts resinator) put on your mufflers.needs to be 730mm long approx,google it or look on the G8 FORUMS. I have j pipes on straight thru tail pipes and there is no drone.

Gambel

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SSV Wagon
Loku I have full 3" varex system with no drone at any speed fully open, very happy with it even though alot of people bag varex.
Maybe get some varex rear boxes so you can quieten it up, mine cost 550 for both rear muffler boxes.

POVRTY

building 5L VB TH 400
Reaction score
Members Ride
Wm L98 caprice
i am following this thread closely as i am purchasing an exhaust for my ssv wags manual..... let us know when and how u solve your problem and good luck

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
I've got 3" X-force system with Pacemaker extractors and there is no drone at all, it's a sedan though.