Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

to use a mechanical or electronic fuel for new 355

smokem

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss 5.7
I ran em for ever and never had an issue with em, alot of people burn em out as they mount em above the fuel line! They are meant to be lower and gravity fed so when they working overtime they burn eventualy. Tell ya what i run a barry grant fp in my torana and its killer

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
I ran em for ever and never had an issue with em, alot of people burn em out as they mount em above the fuel line! They are meant to be lower and gravity fed so when they working overtime they burn eventualy. Tell ya what i run a barry grant fp in my tora and its killer

Barry Grant and Mallory pumps seem to be quite highly praised. I typed Holley Blue into Google just before and from one topic on a forum got the following quotes about them:

I hate the things and won't own one.
i wont run or buy one ever again. junk
my blue pump leaked

Lots of people make the mistake of placement aswell, want to look fully sick so mount them in the boot with all their Pro-Flow fittings and braided hose :p

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
Holley blue fuel pump and half inch fuel lines is the go bud! If this thing goes hard youll find itll suck the standard fuel line dry!! I had standard lines first race meet i went to and it ran 13,s. Second meet had hal inch lines and hb fuel pump it went 11,s as it wasnt running outa fuel lol!
yeah im pretty convinced on the electric pumps and the 1/2" lines are a given!
i just want to rig some thing up to give it a good feed of juice without running it lean!
my existing efi pump is mounted the same as above.... but when it gets to 1/4 tank and going round a bend she sucks dry for a minute.
i dont want this happening to my fresh 355 and dont wana run a fuel catch can in the boot either!

smokem

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss 5.7
Pull the tank out and have a small angle box underneath where the fuel will get caught in same as a fuel cell has, have the fittings for ya fuel lines mounted in that so ya lines are at the lowest part of the tank and make sure ya set fuel pressure in regulator at 7 psi. This is a must! P.s in my streeter i mounted the pump underneath driver side rear floor and worked fine n couldnt be seen in my torana i put in ya face at the back of fuel cell under car but! Running methanol ive came across another issue! Methanol skid cars tend to set fire to tyres and when this happenes the fuel in the pump evapourates so i need to move that pump somewhere else

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
i dont want this happening to my fresh 355 and dont wana run a fuel catch can in the boot either!

sorry to say but thats gonna keep happening until you run a swirl pot. sab linked me a holley reg that was highpressure in>7psi out>high pressure return. it was on the holley website. thatll be a breeze to run on yours since you have the efi setup already. i doubt you need to stress about bigger lines too if you are getting 50psi at the gate. figuring out how to run a swiirl pot on the factory efi is gonna be interesting though. without i riser pump youre **** out of luck.

maybe just spend 20 odd bucks on a cheap crap riser pump that flows to an undercar swirl pot, then plumbed to the efi pump, then to the holley reg, then back to the swirl pot...

i dunno, just thinking out loud.

smokem

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss 5.7
Yeah thatll work i run a bg pump out of tank wich flows to a tank in my engine bay with no regulator as it has a return line from front tank to rear, from front tank i then run a bigger fuel filter and a mech pump to the injector hat. Mines a bit more extreme being blown and injected big block but a similar setup would definately get him out of trouble

dirt drifter

white trash hillbillie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5L M6 VS 6L M6
i ran a holley blue for years and the only time i killed one was when i stuffed up and mounted it above the tank, they lasted a lot longer than the aeromotive pump i got to replace the first one.

what i wound up doing was bolting it to the right hand side chassis rail under the back seat in the bit where the floorpan rises up, the pump is too tall to mount higher than the bottom of the chassis rail so i cut a hole round enough for the top of the pump to fit thru. still plenty of room under the seat once the pump was high enough to be out of harms way