Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Took the car to Holden today for repairs

dj_eddie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S2
Getting the car fixed today.

I previously had starting and stalling issues. Codes pointed to CAS, so i changed the CAS myself with a aftermarket model. Worked on the day but not the day after, so i had to put the old one back in.

Anyways, decided to get it done at Holden. Im sick of trying to fix things myself to save a buck.

In regards to stalling while driving or at the lights, they said that the throttle body needed cleaning (carbon build up or something). Are they pulling my middle leg or does that sound legit???

Anyways, i pick it up this arvo, and its costing me $420 (included diagnosis, supply and fit CAS and clean throttle body).

I hope this fixes it once and for all.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
hmm, does sound a little shonky but if the IAC is plugged up then that will definetly cause drivability issues. Particuarly when attempting to idle or VERY low rpms while driving. the IAC is mounted on the throttle body.

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
What I normally do is if I cant figure out whats wrong my my cars I take them to holden theycheck it over and tell me whats wrong ( Free ) then I say no worries will get back to you later and get it dont else where cheaper then what the quoted to fix it. Last time I took it there was on the stato when the brake booster an that went I sorta new what it was an got them to confirm an then gave me a $900 price tag. took that price to a brakes shop an quoted me $650 for the same parts that holden were to fit....