Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Touch screen for centre console

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
no special hardware needed, you dont need a compact flash card for ewf. i havent used either enough to help, but i can only suggest heading over to www.mp3car.com signing up and searching for them. lots of info there. it certainly helped me out.

Atreidae

(Was an) Installer
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SIDI
oh and for those that "Think" their smart in getting a laptop screen.. dont bother.. unless you of course have the laptop the screen came from the controlers cost more than a liliput plus a pro install.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
lol, yup, its an easy mistake, i looked at it once for a case mod, laptop screen on side of computer tower, til i found you need the extra controllers n ****.

ascension24

Reaction score
Yeah, sorry missed this thread for a while.

To find out how to setup ewf and horm, go to mp3car.com theirs heaps of tutes their.

But the purpose of it is, i could be in the middle of playing a song or movie and just switch my car off.

The power cuts to the computer complety and shuts it off in the middle of any process. In a normal computer application this would be bad, causing a whole lot of errors.

But with EWF and horm, when I turn the car on, it boots straight back up into my media plyer within a few seconds.

You never have to shut down the computer or boot it up.

So it behaves just like one of the 2grand touchscreens media centers from alpine, but a whole lot better :)