Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Traction control issues

swanny0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt wagon
Morning Guys

Ive had a good look through the site to try and solve an issue on traction control.
We have a VT v6 wagon, the track light will come on and off anid the car will struggle to climb hills. This usually occurs on long trips. Now it wont happen all the time, i have checked faults and sensor plugs. You can be overtaking a car on a normal day and the track light will flicker on and off causing the car to buck and will loose power and muck about. Tried this with track off and still the same issue. I finished servicing the car this morn and I can get the track light to come on by just blipping the throttle, maybe one in every 20 times. Anyone got ideas. Faults with track electrical??

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
I have heard that a faulty abs module will make the trac light flicker and cause a lack of power for a short time

Haydo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Betty - Supercharged VX Berlina
G'day Swanny,
I had weird issues with Trac control a few years ago with Black Betty (My Ride). Turned out the cogs the trac sensors bounce the signal off were caked with crap. Cleaned 'em up with some spray & a toothbrush & haven't had a problem since. Dunno if it fits your problem but might be worth a look.