Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Traction Control question

MRVX6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX berlina ecotec/ vy ss ute
hi i was wondering i have a v6 vx berlina series 1, when traction kicks in it cuts out my car but i thought there were ment to kick the accelerator pedal back towards you?

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Nope, VX traction control works by starving the engine off fuel and is not throttle based. The VX has a physical cable that connects the pedal to the TB and no mechanism to push the pedal back up.

So you floor it, loose traction, traction cuts fuel, you faceplant into the steering wheel but your foot can stay pressed to the floor with no feedback.

VZ's onwards had 'fly-by=wire' throttle and had the pedal puch back when traction control kicked in.

In this setup, there is no physical cable from the pedal to the TB and everything runs on electronics. So there is a servo @ the pedal that can be influenced to give feedback through the pedal.

Cheers.

MRVX6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX berlina ecotec/ vy ss ute
thanks for clearing this up

MR_VX

Forced to be Fast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pac SII Raptorcharged
Nope, VX traction control works by starving the engine off fuel and is not throttle based. The VX has a physical cable that connects the pedal to the TB and no mechanism to push the pedal back up.

So you floor it, loose traction, traction cuts fuel, you faceplant into the steering wheel but your foot can stay pressed to the floor with no feedback..

can the vx traction control be switched of? or be rewired to a permitly off switch?

crazybiker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore V6
Press the button.

Or for a more permanent solution, take the fuse out :p

codeunknown

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S1 Commodore EXE 1999 with vx 3.8/auto
hence why no traction control with a holden on LGP mode of fuel...:)

only traction control on unleaded :)

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
You can probably get your ECU reprogram so it defaults trac control to OFF on startup, but I don't see a need for it.

I'd rather forget to turn trac OFF and faceplant into the steering wheel than forget to turn it ON and end up sideways in a shrub.

Cheers

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
No traction, plus water = AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH *Spinning car* AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
the VX V8 kicks pedal, cycles engine, and applies rear brake's. in that order, if sustained loss of traction.