Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Trade in my L67 VY for a 2001 WRX S?

Sell or keep the VY L67?

• Total voters

Cashaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Hi guys, just a quick question.

A friend of mine is selling his 2001 Subaru WRX S shortly due to an increase in family members.

He is willing to give it to me for $11,000...

Here's a few stats and mods it has:

140,000 k's, 10 months rego, excellent cond.

Tinted windows, lowered 2 inches. dyno tuned 210kw at wheels. Front mount intercooler, 3 inch Mandrel bent exhaust, K&N filter, STI upgrade VF34 turbo, uni chip, big injectors + Walbrose fuel pump.

Gearbox rebuilt by MRT- it has a straight cut gear set 1st-4th(cost $6000).

Obviously being a WRX, its had its fair share of thrashing. How do these engines and turbo's hold up?

I currently have a 2003 Holden S pac with the L67, leather interior all in immaculate condition..
it has 162,xxx km on the odometer.

How much would i be looking at getting if selling, and is it worth selling for the WRX?

Cheers guys, (voting option above also)

I love this topic, because you are asking your question on a forum - "justcommodores.com.au"

Anywho, the commodore will be cheaper in parts and cheaper to run, as everyone else has said.

However, if you were going for a WRX go for something above MY03+

ARATIC

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hot House VY SS
If your unsure, don't drive it. Because if you do, you will want it. Boost is addictive :D

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
A smart man would buy the WRX for $11000 and sell it for $18g. If it doesn't sell for a while...............well you'll be stick with a better all over car that handles better, performs better and has better resale. Shame they look average (IMO) but they are a decent performance car

Vy S SC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S Pac Series II Supercharged L67
I love this topic, because you are asking your question on a forum - "justcommodores.com.au"

Anywho, the commodore will be cheaper in parts and cheaper to run, as everyone else has said.

HAHAHAHAHA I knew someone would throw that one in!!!! Appreciate the comments

Thomas1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Statesman
A smart man would buy the WRX for $11000 and sell it for $18g.

You'll find that when you go to sell it some wanker called taztassio will post up what you paid for it. Because apparently you HAVE to sell stuff for what you paid for it....

vk.jonno

:):):)
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk commodore, hq one tonner, hj ute,
I'd get the suby IMHO

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG

I don't consider myself a Holden fanboy. Except on Bathurst, where I support Holden. In Vin Diesel's words, I respect a fine body regardless of the make. A car is a car, a good car is better than a bad car. Without bias, the L67 is probably the wiser option to stay with, unless he 'wants' a WRX and is prepared to take on the extra consequences. He asked the question here, he gets an honest response from those who are less biased.

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
You'll find that when you go to sell it some wanker called taztassio will post up what you paid for it. Because apparently you HAVE to sell stuff for what you paid for it....

LOL, That right there is pure gold.....

Cashaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
I don't consider myself a Holden fanboy. Except on Bathurst, where I support Holden. In Vin Diesel's words, I respect a fine body regardless of the make. A car is a car, a good car is better than a bad car. Without bias, the L67 is probably the wiser option to stay with, unless he 'wants' a WRX and is prepared to take on the extra consequences. He asked the question here, he gets an honest response from those who are less biased.

Fair comment, bro.

However, he gets honest responses from biased holden owners as well, hell he may get responses from biased Subaru owners.

The irony was provocated As a joke, champ. Not maliciously intended.

Last edited: