Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] Trailer storing question

dzach23

Bra Bra Potato Potato
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Lumina Series 1 genesis blue
i was wondering in Victoria are 6x4 trailers and the like allowed to be stored/left on the road? (not on the nature strip)

Critical Jim

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais, VL SL
Possibly a good way to lose said trailer.

You can park a semi on the side of the road (within reason) here in SA and being the nanny state it is I would be surprised if you couldn't do it in Victoria.

nstone63

wants a new car
Reaction score
Members Ride
1988 VN Executive
If you're gonna do it in a backstreet, you should be fine unless any neighbours complain to the council/police.. I see them all the time chained to stobie poles lol, just make sure you get one of those trailer coupler lock thingos so nobody ganks it. Mind you, they could steal it by just connecting the chains to their towbar if they really want it.. maybe a wheel lock type thing?

dzach23

Bra Bra Potato Potato
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Lumina Series 1 genesis blue
Apologies our family trailer is safely stored on our property, the trailer that pisses me off is left on the apex on a back road that i occasionally use to get home, so i wouldn't give a stuff if it was stolen.

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.
Don't know about Vic rules, but so long as it's registered, and therefore road taxes have been paid, I don't think there's much you can do about it unfortunately. Although possibly in a dangerous position, technically it's probably legally parked.

bogan_vk

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
my suggestion would be to see your local council if its parked in a dangerous position they might be able to do something about it worth a try.

nstone63

wants a new car
Reaction score
Members Ride
1988 VN Executive
yeah mates of mine have had police ring them before to move their cars.. even though they've been legally parked, people complained about it being a hazard (blind corner, over a crest etc.) and that got it moved..

then there's the seedy option of stealing it and dumping it yourself, but don't do that..

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
Possibly a good way to lose said trailer.

You can park a semi on the side of the road (within reason) here in SA and being the nanny state it is I would be surprised if you couldn't do it in Victoria.

Clearly you don't have a heavy vehicle license.

Don't know about Vic rules, but so long as it's registered, and therefore road taxes have been paid, I don't think there's much you can do about it unfortunately. Although possibly in a dangerous position, technically it's probably legally parked.

A 6X4 doesn't require registration if it is for private use.