Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Transmission line clip - What special tool is needed?

Project_Corty

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT LS1
Hey guys

Just wondering how do you undo the following transmission line (I have a VT Auto and want to do a flush). Do you need a special tool? See picture below:

p6110074_-_resize.jpg

Any help much appreciated. Alternative is to undo the nut at the radiator but it is hard to get too with a open ended spanner as it does not sit flush with the nut and there is little room to move the spanner around.

Project_Corty

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT LS1
Come on guys. Someone on here must be able to give me an answer or even a solution to my question.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
that fitting is pressed on, those copper bits on the arnt screwed on are they?

Ado

Are we there yet?
Reaction score
Members Ride
vsII statesman L67
Non removable buddy, you'll fine that if u wanted to replace that cooler line the hose and pipe will come together... y are u trying to get it off cant u just unscrew it from the radiator? or is it a jesus clip that retains it at the radiator. i cant remember on gen3

Project_Corty

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT LS1
Non removable buddy, you'll fine that if u wanted to replace that cooler line the hose and pipe will come together... y are u trying to get it off cant u just unscrew it from the radiator? or is it a jesus clip that retains it at the radiator. i cant remember on gen3

I was told about the line supposedly being a press fitting but I just wanted to check so thanks for that.

I have had a look at the nut at the radiator but it is hard to get to with an open ended spanner as the radiator edges protrude out. There is also hardly turn area for the spanner at the top . Just to check as well the two transmission lines run on the drivers side of the radiator with the inlet going it at the top and the return going in at the bottom? Maybe the bottom is easiest or should you undo it from the transmission itself.

Thanks guys

Ado

Are we there yet?
Reaction score
Members Ride
vsII statesman L67
Just a suggestion, not sure if you've seen them u may have.... often when im doin autos radiators anything with a pipe joined to a fitting etc i use a crow's foot which u can place straight over the nut or fitting with no clearance issues then just crack with with a ratchet and extension which locks into the crows foot that would solve ur protruding edge problem u dont wanna go messin around with new pipes if u dont have to mate... GL