Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Transmission Probs F#$K plz help

db_notso

diagnostic technician...
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt v6, mods(susp brakesetc...)
recomend wreckers transmission and do an auto filter service on the wreckers trans
just make sure it less kms than yours

a wreckers trans for these in brisbane can be as little as 200 bucks + fitment +oil and filter service
food for thought maybe?

Paintabruh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore acclaim V6
200!! for a transsmision wow would it bee any good tho? yehh man i jus hope i dnt need one but if i do il go wreckers :) thanks man :)

db_notso

diagnostic technician...
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt v6, mods(susp brakesetc...)
last one i got was out of a 180,000km vs (on odometer) into a vs with 260,000km's has been good for twelve months now
it cost about 400 all up including oils filters and a carton of beer ;)

Paintabruh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore acclaim V6
Far thats heaps good man, im geting a recon -.- but i get 3 yrs warrenty on it so pretty good

Paintabruh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore acclaim V6
maybe you but i get 3 yrs from my mechanic get 3 months for second hand

DaveandLuciK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSV6
Couple of days ago my VS was doing the same thing, over revving, not slipping into gear. We were on our way to Sydney airport, 9kms away, others cars starting honking at us. We were at traffic lights, as we started to move smoke pissed out everywhere. We pulled over, opened the bonnet and flames over the inside of the bonnet. Hubby pulled his jumper off to put out the flames and we tried to see what had happened. Way too dark so we managed to drive her to a servo a about 50 metres up the road. She wouldn't go above 20kms and now has no reverse either, just revs but nothing. Had it towed back here to Wollongong and now trying to work out how much damage done. Guessing new transmission needed. The dipstick pops out everytime you try to change gears as well. There is burning around the leads and also on the engine block just below the oil fill. Any ideas on places to get decent priced recon gearbox in our area and other things we should check. Going to need to replace several wires as they melted in the fire, including the wiper tubing. Thanks. Luci.

Paintabruh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore acclaim V6
Hey everyone got mi VR back today drives lyk a brand newie :) 1400 later but i get 2 yrs warenty and its so smooth.

James39

Gave up on VL's
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Acclaim & 1992 Holden Barina
Couple of days ago my VS was doing the same thing, over revving, not slipping into gear. We were on our way to Sydney airport, 9kms away, others cars starting honking at us. We were at traffic lights, as we started to move smoke pissed out everywhere. We pulled over, opened the bonnet and flames over the inside of the bonnet. Hubby pulled his jumper off to put out the flames and we tried to see what had happened. Way too dark so we managed to drive her to a servo a about 50 metres up the road. She wouldn't go above 20kms and now has no reverse either, just revs but nothing. Had it towed back here to Wollongong and now trying to work out how much damage done. Guessing new transmission needed. The dipstick pops out everytime you try to change gears as well. There is burning around the leads and also on the engine block just below the oil fill. Any ideas on places to get decent priced recon gearbox in our area and other things we should check. Going to need to replace several wires as they melted in the fire, including the wiper tubing. Thanks. Luci.

Sound like you need to replace your transmission

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
how did it do ?
Hey fellors, ok just today my car will over rev and strugle so hard to change gear sometimes it ends up changing others it wont at all happens after i hit 60 and after 80 ks after 60 ks which think is 3rd it rev but comes through but after 80 ks it jus rev rev rev wat the ### is it major? just need a trans service, plz dnt let it be a near transsmision if it is round how much is it, its ruined my day and pissed me off :mad: thanks