Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

travel advice

the_trademarc

The Cult Of Personality
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Members Ride
E-Series 1 Clubsport R8
looking like its happening i get to stay at her place. 400 fuel should do it + jerry can of extra fuel.

will start compiling a checklist, cheers guys keep adding suggest if u got them.

special thanks tc for the economy numbers and advice

at this point considering tryna pickup a hitchhiker to split fuel with

Get her to fly into Adelaide, and maybe drive her the way back? At least then when you sleep in the car you can sleep in the car.....

acex1138

Post Overlord
Reaction score
Members Ride
Kawasaki GPX
piss my self lolling.

Any safety checks other then checking oil, coolant levels etc i should do as well?

dirt drifter

white trash hillbillie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5L M6 VS 6L M6
watch out for fatigue on the long trips, if u get sleepy just pulling over and resting your eyes for a bit and/or hopping out for a stretch can work wonders.
be wary of overdosing on energy drinks, yeah they keep u going for a bit but u come down hard, and too many of them make u crook in the guts. i find the trick is to have a few before u get real tired the buzz seems to last longer.
make sure the stereo is in good working order and crank the tunes that get u fired up.
if u get real tired dont hesitate to park up and snooze, thinking 'just a few more kays' will only end in tears

cinndaz044

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt v8 sv exec 044
make sure your belts, hoses etc are up to scratch b4 treking of or have spares.

calais24/7

Mucca Mad Boys
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais II 5L, 98 rodeo v6
Top up fluids, check all the belts and make sure your tyre pressure is correct. if you have low psi it will increase your consumption. I wouldnt worry about taking your sub out unless you need the extra boot space. Also if you dont drive like a d*** on the road, dont speed and dont drink drive you will be fine aslong as you dont have chiopped springs and fully sick chromies. Take a small tool set just incase of an emergency, screw driver, pliers jumper leads, rope and a torch, duct tape and some fluids and maybe a spare belt and radiator hose is what i would be doing and is what i have in the boot of the vl. other then that have a good nye

kyles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore
Katoomba for NYE huh? Oh well, there are worse places to be ;) My husband grew up in Katoomba, and we lived there for ages so I guess we're just a bit over it. Obviously go and check out the 3 Sisters..... it's just 3 big rocks but a must see if you've never been before. Also check out this link Scenic World Blue Mountains Australia

You HAVE to go on the Scenic Railway..... it's a blast, try and get the front carriage if you do go on it :)

A good, cheap pub feed can be found at the Alexandra Hotel in Leura which is the next town over. I don't know if things have changed since I lived there but from memory stay away from Hotel Gearin's in Katoomba, it was a dive. If you are planning on going out on NYE try the Carrington Hotel instead. Oh and Mt Panorama is only an hour and a half from Katoomba if you're up for the extra drive :) Have fun :)

the_trademarc

The Cult Of Personality
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Members Ride
E-Series 1 Clubsport R8
We're definitely sight-seeing aren't we acex......??....:p :beer chug::rofl2:

acex1138

Post Overlord
Reaction score
Members Ride
Kawasaki GPX
hahahaha. well she now wants me to meet her in lithgow so we can drive last bit together, and might be taking the train to sydney itself for a party there, so this is going from an alternative for nye to looking like the best thing ive ever done.

She also wants me to stay for a bit after to do some bush walking sight seeing and movies etc.

Excellent advice guys, its always good asking hte experienced.

Got some kickass tunes for the trip as well, just got given 009 sound system's album, some kings of leon (overrated but good cruising music), the new ministry of sound, some more hendrix and some more bryan adams. Another 16gb of mp3's and i should be good :D