Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Trip Computer - Fuel Consumption

ejukated

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais L67
Does anyone know how the fuel comsumption is calculated in the trip computer? If i converted a v6 to v8 would i need to get a new trip computer ecu from a v8 berlina/calais?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
no, you can adjust the calibration numbers.

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08 Subaru Liberty GT-B & MY16 VF II SS Redline
I believe there is also a selector switch on the back of the instrument panel that needs to be changed to V8 also... from memory

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
I believe there is also a selector switch on the back of the instrument panel that needs to be changed to V8 also... from memory

yes 60lt or 80lt tank i think by memory (not v6/v8)

slappa.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
has anyone got the instructions out of the book on how to calibrate the trip comp?

holden#1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S1 Executive V6
I used to own a VS Calais...

The Commodore Calais Owners Handbook States:
"The trip computer uses in its calculations three separate calibration numbers. These figures are preset for the standard car, and do not have to be adjusted. However each car does vary due to tyre size, tolerances etc, and therefore the facility is provided to adjust these figures for greater accuracy. See your Holden dealer if you wish to have the calibration numbers adjusted".

Now that doesn't really help I know...
I sort of nutted it out myself as my Distance to Empty, Litres per 100k etc was not right.

From memory I held down both 'set' and 'mode' buttons and at the same time
held down either the 'down' or 'up' button to calibrate (?) take note of any numbers that come up so you have a reference point, from then on its a trial and error business to get it spot on.

What I did was fill tank, drive for say 50kays, fill tank up again, note litres put in off bowser, then check that against what your trip meter says about Litres used.

A little bit of fiddling but it is possible to get it +/- 500ml over a tank fill of 60 odd litres.