Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tripin'...

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
So try taking the whole AC loom part out of the dash loom and find where it goes and connect it?
Ill get onto the yellow black wire. Page one for that?

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
So try taking the whole AC loom part out of the dash loom and find where it goes and connect it?
Ill get onto the yellow black wire. Page one for that?

I have seen both L2 & L3 looms in a car to get around this issue of using a L3 loom in an Exec car. Dont know if it worked or not as the car was being wrecked at the time.

Paul13pp

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT Exec Wagon
New problem. VS HSV cluster into a VR. It will beep every 30sec-1 minute while at speed. It just sounds a tune not a constant beep or anything. Everything else works fine. Anyone had this? No light come on or anything when it happens.

My level 3 dash did this at first. The light bulb for the handbrake warning was blown.
Changed the bulb and holder for one out of the old dash and fixed, no more chime.

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
I think 88GreenVN might be on the right track. The macho is jumpy and reads zero when going over 4k rpm. Do you still think it's the pcb or the tacho causing issues.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
I think 88GreenVN might be on the right track. The macho is jumpy and reads zero when going over 4k rpm. Do you still think it's the pcb or the tacho causing issues.

If you have the standard cluster you can fit the tacho from that to the HSV 250k unit - see if it jumps around. All the parts can be swapped between the HSV and standard L3 cluster. So you can swap the green PCB backing or the voltage regulator if need be. The only thing unique between them is the speedo. And the sticky lables that say it's a HSV part. :)

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Yeah I might take it out and fit the old unit tacho and PCB. Is there a how to or is it a really simple procedure? I've taken the lcd display out before so if it's as easy as that then I'll be fine.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah I might take it out and fit the old unit tacho and PCB. Is there a how to or is it a really simple procedure? I've taken the lcd display out before so if it's as easy as that then I'll be fine.

Yep easy job for you - lens off and then 3 nuts holding the tacho in. Job half done :)

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Got a wiring diagram I can use to figure out the switches?
Could the normal demister switch be used if the pins are changed over?
If I cant figure out the AC I might just cancel it out and remove the compressor.

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Also how do you calibrate the avg speed and such?

SP00KSTER

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE, HT MONARO REBUILD
hey guys, need some help, on the diagram on the first page the two white/black wires from the instrument connector 4 join to inst conn 2-black wire, this doesnt work as the white/black wires for connector 4 are to short to reach that far and also on the level 3 loom they join onto the white black wires. so is it a mistake on the diagram or do i need to extend the wires to reach the black wire???