Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tuning by The1

mjs8672

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS v6
it's been a few months since The1 did my tune and I still cant believe it's the same car, If anyone is thinking about getting a tune for there car I STRONGLY recomend doing some data loging (you only need a laptop and a cable) and get The1 to tune from there and you will be blown away with the differnce.

when you only use approx 5% (if that) throttle to drive around in 60k zones and 15 - 20% to cruise on 110k's and never need more than 30% to take off (in a hurry) from the lights (and I still only use approx 12ltr per 100k's around town

the gear changes are the best and help the responsiveness and help stop burning out over drive (we all know how weak that gear is)

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
common sense and time to do it properly, a decent shift pattern tuned where your going to use it will help make the use of available power. Which can also drive up efficiency.

mjs8672

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS v6
considering I only drive a few K's a day for work so the car doesn't even really warm up (i let it idle for 5-10 mins before leaving) I can only hope to get 400 K's from a tank, any more than that is really good, I know that if I'm out cruising on the highway I will get much better.

mjs8672

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS v6
Well I thought it would be time for an update, I have been fortunate enough to test an update for The1 and the car is running better than ever, I have been running it on P100 from united,
If anyone out there is considering getting a proper tune for your car, you really need to talk to Nigel,

Nigel I don't know how you keep on improving things but please keep me in the loop for any further updates,

you have some fantastic skills in tuning.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Can only say great things of a Nigel tune.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Got a tune on the mostly stock VX V6. Definitely an improvement. Gear changes are much better. Just needs a proper exhaust and I think it will be good.

mjs8672

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS v6
I am lucky enough to have a tune update from The1 (tune no. 7 for me) and the car runs smoother and more responsive than ever,

I have not had a chance to take it for a long cruise on the highway yet, but just around town it just gets better with every update.

I have found I am getting around 12L / 100K's arouind town and it looks like around 8L / 100 K's on the highway

Thanks Nigel

Last edited: