Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tuning software question.

Trailboss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Equipe, VY Acclaim Wagon
Hey guys, I don't post much as I've found most answers with needing to but this one is specific. I have a Feb 2003 VY V6 (so the 3.8, build code LN3) and I've spent all day trying to get Tuneport Pro to work correctly.

I have everything working fine right up until I click "dash" and then I get nonsense readings with parameters all over the place. The same happens with error codes, they just flicker all over so I'm assuming I have an incorrect .adx file.

I need to read the error codes on this thing, it has some issues and after I get them sorted I want to install a tune for max torque (it's my tow car) but obviously none of this is possible until I can read both dash and error codes so if someone has a correct .adx file that is a proven worker or tell me where else I'm going wrong I'd very much appreciate it.

TIA, TB

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
What files are you using and where did you get them from?

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
I've spent all day trying to get Tuneport Pro to work correctly.
Tuneport Pro or Tuner Pro?

You're better off asking for support on the PCM Hacking forums if you haven't been there yet. This thread may be of use (even though it's for a VS):
And the enhanced bin thread linked in that page which you've probably already seen:

Having said that, it's still probably worth your while getting an OBD1/ALDL capable scan tool. While I'm sure TunerPro can show you the codes easily at some point, it's a tool developed as a hobby by one person and is primarily not a scan tool, so some basic stuff can be janky or hacky to get working. All I mean by this is you don't want to have to do a job, to do a job that's supposed to be as easy as pulling codes, particularly if you don't use TunerPro often and have to backtrack through the whole thing again if you've misplaced the ADX file or something.