Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tuning with AFM Enabled Car

swingn_wasabi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SS-V Redline Ute
Hi All

I don't think this subject has been discussed as yet...

I've got an Auto SS-V Redline which obviously has AFM. Looking at getting it tuned in the not too distant future BUT, as I'm ideally wanting a custom tune I wondering what the situation is with the ability to run different fuels?

Although I'm unlikely to ever put E10 or 95 in, it is a rather handy ability especially in areas where 98 isn't common. I generally run E85 around town because of the extra poke & the saving at the servo with 98 being run when E85 isn't available or I'm going on a long trip & need maximum fuel economy.

So, if I was getting a custom tune, would this mean I would be stuck using the type of fuel that was being used at the time of tuning? Or maybe multiple maps (IE: One for 98 & E85) to allow the computer to work itself out if & when using other fuels?

I'm also working on the assumption that if I was to get a generic flash (Walkinshaw Power Pack) it would retain the fuel compatibility as per a standard tune.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Matt

Dale@CHE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS, VT SS
we can tune to suit both types of fuel no problems at all and retain the factory flex fuel options,

be carefull of the walkenshaw power pack. seen plenty that fail to deliver more power than stock..

swingn_wasabi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SS-V Redline Ute
So does that mean (When custom tuning) they would need to tune for each type of fuel? Or can they just tune on 98 & the computer will work the rest out?

Never had a car with such flexibility with the fuel you can run - Especially for a performance type car - but I know going custom would be the best way to extract the best overall results. Just don't want to loose the ability to run all fuel types.

To be honest, I'm not really phased about the numbers. Sure, it would be nice to see a big gain ATW's, but as long as I see some better economy & the butt dyno feels good, then I'm a happy chappy.