Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

304 Turbo 350 to efi 5ltr

Sik_Cordz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk 5LTR
hey guys just had a quick question

im in need of a tranny for my efi 5ltr going in my vl and wanted to know what parts would i need to put a turbo 350 behind it

ive got the flex plate still on the motor would this work with the tranny and i would need the turbo 350 converter and tailshaft and would anyone know what cross member will work with the vl body

any help would be great

vq rat

vq rat
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn bt1 burnout weapon
Hi mate i have a turbo 350 in my vn you will need the turbo 350 converter check if the bolt hole line up on the flex plate before ya fit it, i use the stock cross member tail shaft had to be lenghtend to suit speedo will be out as well

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
ive got a t350 behind my efi 5L in my vh!
the 5L flex plate bolts straight up and matches any t350 converter , efi blocks are turbo pattern, get a stall converter of your choice, crossmember i had made from 100mm x 30mm box steel and holes drilled to suit mounting points....pretty easy you can do it at home if youve got the tools.
the tail shaft all depends on what you have in it at the moment if its a v8 shaft id reco it....but you can interchange early v8 shafts to suit your length, i had mine shortened and completely recondition just to safe.....

Sik_Cordz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk 5LTR
anyone know what auto cross member i will need to use to fit the vl

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
Vehicle speed sensor. No problems really, the speed sensor will screw straight into the TH350.
not running the speed sensor shouldnt affect anything should it?? im not runnin one on mine....havent had any issues yet!