Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Turbo or supercharger ?

Turbo Or Supercharger

• Turbo

Votes: 49 28.0%
  • Supercharger

Votes: 126 72.0%

• Total voters

Peter89

Reaction score
Members Ride
'90 S1 VN 3.8L A4 Wagon
turbo......

holden boy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx s
i voted super charger :) cause u can buy it and install it urself easy peasy
were the turbos there are no off the shelf kits plus i would want 2 turbos :)
if i had to have turbos and then there is all the extra work involved were u can just chuck a supercharger on and change computer chip and we he instant power :)

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
i voted super charger :) cause u can buy it and install it urself easy peasy
were the turbos there are no off the shelf kits plus i would want 2 turbos :)
if i had to have turbos and then there is all the extra work involved were u can just chuck a supercharger on and change computer chip and we he instant power :)
Firs of all there is more to any form of FI then to mount it and fit a 'computer chip'. Second there is turbo kits to suit VN-VR V6, VS-VZ V6, VN-VS V8 and the full LS1 range.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
was just reading superchargers can soak up upto 30% of your horsepower so im still going turbo

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
I like turbos.

Less wear on the engine and more economical to use, however if you want an economical car why drive a performance car??

More seems to go wrong with SC, but thats just what I've heard, if I was going to FI my VE would go turbo.

Anyone heard of the new tech they are using in the F1's?? Makes power through the wheels, can be used in a short burst much like nos, except its free power. Never seen it used locally and I dont know much about it.

VryNeat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL EXEC
after driving a stock r33 gtst down toojay road (Spelling) at 180 ks an hour im curious to what a turbo vp ss could do given the same conditions.

Now tell me if im wrong here coz i heard it from one person with no mechanical trade backing him up BUT i hear you can do dual application a supercharger for low to mid range and a big turbo for top end. Don't flame me as im curious to the idea of it and just wanna know if the guy is a twat. Until this question is answered i wont answer ^^