Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

turbo, TT or Supercharge?

Which add-on for a VZ SS?

• Turbocharge

Votes: 8 10.0%
  • Twin Turbo

Votes: 30 37.5%
  • Supercharge

Votes: 34 42.5%
  • Don't bother with any

Votes: 12 15.0%

• Total voters

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
if i were you id start doing some research on pluss and minus of turbo Vs SC. theres no sence buying extractors if ur going to go turbo ur just wasting ur money. Then again i would spend the least amount on mods till you know wich FI path your going to head down. I wouldnt even worriey about edit cai because ur just wasting ur money because you will need a retune and they will just turf the rest of the **** because you dont use with FI. If your going SC fair enought buy a set of 1 3/4 4=1 extractors clutch twin 2.5 exhuarst. Definately upgrade ur clutch or auto and buy a decent cat back zorst and valve springs either way you go but until you no what ur going to buy i wouldnt spend to much on mods yet.

it all depends on how much money you want to spends and how much rwkw you want ( this kit is anywere from 300 rwkw to 400 depending on fuel and psi runing). the tt kits are around 7 grand but that dosnt include installing the kit ( not sure on how much the kit would cost to install ), injectors ( 800 ), fuel system ( 1400 ), 2bar tune ( 1000 ) and clutch or auto build ( around 2000 ) up so for the tt kit. The fuel system is a junior pro by dough boy ( maker of the tt kit ) it has high rate fuel pump surge tank and is designed to run with stock fuel system so its just bolt up you could skimp on the fuel system but you will only reget it later when ur motor leans out or your rwkw is held back because your runing out of fuel. I like this kit. there is holden ls1 runing 10 and 11 with this kit.

You could go the raptor kit wich is the way im going. There a sponsor on here and hav recently done a gen3 ute non intercooled running 7 psi of boost made 290rwkw. My ute is intercooled aftermarket heads ( and a cam going in the next month or so ) and going to be running 10 psi. I will post more up about my setup after its been tuned. But there is heaps of different SC's on the market theres roots, twin-screw and centrifugal.

At the end of the day preformance aint cheap i hope this helps you and dosnt confuse you mate.

cheers
thrifty
P.S i didnt vote on any of them its your money

Can i ask how much your supercharger setup cost you?

290 rwkw for a s/c is a waste of money, im NA and almost climbing to 350. I am looking at s/c in the future if i decide to keep the car, but i want around the 500 rwkw mark.

SICK SS

7L 427ci BABY
Reaction score
Members Ride
427 ci vu ss a4 ve ssv a6
Can i ask how much your supercharger setup cost you?

290 rwkw for a s/c is a waste of money, im NA and almost climbing to 350. I am looking at s/c in the future if i decide to keep the car, but i want around the 500 rwkw mark.

that 290 rwkw is only 7 psi and non intercooler good starting point for entry level blower and 350rwkw cam car and 350rwkw blown car would be completely different cars to drive. i wouldnt be to caught up on peak power either mate that only wins dyno comps you want torque and torque every were throught the rev range. A blown motor will be a better behaved car at those power levels and stil get decent fuel consusion on the high way around town and in a drag my money will be on the blown car.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
that 290 rwkw is only 7 psi and non intercooler good starting point for entry level blower and 350rwkw cam car and 350rwkw blown car would be completely different cars to drive. i wouldnt be to caught up on peak power either mate that only wins dyno comps you want torque and torque every were throught the rev range. A blown motor will be a better behaved car at those power levels and stil get decent fuel consusion on the high way around town and in a drag my money will be on the blown car.

Not at all caught up on peak power, i prefer torque :p

I get ok fuel economy, did 340 k's on a tank and still had some left :p

I was just curious on the setup is all.