Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

turbo, TT or Supercharge?

Which add-on for a VZ SS?

• Turbocharge

Votes: 8 10.0%
  • Twin Turbo

Votes: 30 37.5%
  • Supercharge

Votes: 34 42.5%
  • Don't bother with any

Votes: 12 15.0%

• Total voters

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Considering drive in and drive out it is 13k for a GenTT setup, i'd go with an NA setup, the direction i have gone has seen me easily get to 340rwkw with still more work to come. Why do you need forced induction when raw power is just as easy. Besides, too many people go FI to try and cut costs, in the end it will cost you more. Stay NA mate.

by the way, remember that all second hand cars and mods should be paid for with cash, any other way and you may as well burn the money before you spend it :)

ProMaX

Make way!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
04 VZ SS Impulse Blue Ute
what is with the concept of naturally aspired cars anyways? like would u be able to give us a list of mods to do so i can start saving up? i'm gunna fish around for some prices n what not

how does one make a worked N/A 8?

barbs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Monaro CV8
well im hoping to stay na, a nice cam and some head work, im not going for massive hp figures, just want a nice quick street car, so it wont be a big lumpy cam

5speedcalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
5 speed v6 vn commodore
theres a twin turbo setup ut for monaros now so i assume they would be ok for ur ss and they are getting huge amounts of power. isnt cheap though i'd say stick a harrop supercharger on it

wadeson88

Reaction score
i know of this car in my area, its a twin turbo vu ss, and dammmmm that **** is quick. looks so clean to

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
I think its more about u want if you just want power and torque why bother looking at forced induction. The amount off easily achievable power out of N/A work is so much more cost affective, plus you'll have awesome sounding car that'll do everything u wanted. If u want forced induction my choice would be betweenTT or S/C. Don't bother with single setups sure they make lots of power but would not make good everyday drivers.

krazyboris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Spac S/C
Turbos on petrol cars are wrong.....sorry if i've annoyed any1, but they are, they belong on deisel's, preferably of the racing genre.

Supercharger's on the other hand.....well.....it just makes sense, cant really think of a better reason, dont wanna either :)

SICK SS

7L 427ci BABY
Reaction score
Members Ride
427 ci vu ss a4 ve ssv a6
if i were you id start doing some research on pluss and minus of turbo Vs SC. theres no sence buying extractors if ur going to go turbo ur just wasting ur money. Then again i would spend the least amount on mods till you know wich FI path your going to head down. I wouldnt even worriey about edit cai because ur just wasting ur money because you will need a retune and they will just turf the rest of the **** because you dont use with FI. If your going SC fair enought buy a set of 1 3/4 4=1 extractors clutch twin 2.5 exhuarst. Definately upgrade ur clutch or auto and buy a decent cat back zorst and valve springs either way you go but until you no what ur going to buy i wouldnt spend to much on mods yet.

it all depends on how much money you want to spends and how much rwkw you want ( this kit is anywere from 300 rwkw to 400 depending on fuel and psi runing). the tt kits are around 7 grand but that dosnt include installing the kit ( not sure on how much the kit would cost to install ), injectors ( 800 ), fuel system ( 1400 ), 2bar tune ( 1000 ) and clutch or auto build ( around 2000 ) up so for the tt kit. The fuel system is a junior pro by dough boy ( maker of the tt kit ) it has high rate fuel pump surge tank and is designed to run with stock fuel system so its just bolt up you could skimp on the fuel system but you will only reget it later when ur motor leans out or your rwkw is held back because your runing out of fuel. I like this kit. there is holden ls1 runing 10 and 11 with this kit.

You could go the raptor kit wich is the way im going. There a sponsor on here and hav recently done a gen3 ute non intercooled running 7 psi of boost made 290rwkw. My ute is intercooled aftermarket heads ( and a cam going in the next month or so ) and going to be running 10 psi. I will post more up about my setup after its been tuned. But there is heaps of different SC's on the market theres roots, twin-screw and centrifugal.

At the end of the day preformance aint cheap i hope this helps you and dosnt confuse you mate.

cheers
thrifty
P.S i didnt vote on any of them its your money

SICK SS

7L 427ci BABY
Reaction score
Members Ride
427 ci vu ss a4 ve ssv a6
I voted don't bother with any.

Mainly because I don't believe in forced induction on V8's. I'd prefer an N/A 8 worked to the max!

But if I was to choose out of the two I'd be going for a supercharged set up. More boost at low RPM's.

wtf sc boost is rpm related and arnt running full bost until there at full rpm the tt kits with ball bearing turbos can start building bost low in the rpm range be on full boost at 3000rpm.