Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Turbo VS Ute

Leathal11

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 6spd Ute / VS 5spd L67 Ute III
Yeah I picked my L67 up from gumtree took a risk as I never heard it running haha $1500 and a freak of a motor later and the ute loves it haha.

vzsv6manual

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6
I love this ute ! Everything is perfect :) what size tyres are you running and do the wheels scrub at all on the rear ? Where did you get the wheels from if you don't mind me asking

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute Series III 1999
took your advice dodged 4blok found complete conversion from wreckers out of a vt no sludge inside wreckers said all engines were tested and no knocks or problems for 1250$! fingers crossed

MADDNE33

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 vs ute series 3
I love this ute ! Everything is perfect :) what size tyres are you running and do the wheels scrub at all on the rear ? Where did you get the wheels from if you don't mind me asking

Thanks man!! She has come along way but alot more to go :) wheels are 19x8.5 running 235/45/ tyres. Theres about 10mm each side of the tyre in the rear wheel arch but no scrubbing issues unless you go up curbs on the angle. Actually picked up the wheels on ebay brand new with tyres shipped to my door for $1300

MADDNE33

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 vs ute series 3
MSD universal leads set came. Must say what an awesome kit it is. 8.5mm leads came with the little tool to cut, strip and crimp the leads and it all worked so perfect. Ive pretty much been threw the whole engine bay wiring neatening things up. I haven't had much $$ latterly as im going on a holiday next month so all my funds have been going to that and ive found out its 4 week wait on K-frame spacers :( Good timing I guess tho.

Also gave the interior a good clean and scrubbed the carpets down. Its surprising very clean for a x tradys car

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
Remove the stickers off the air box...
The DFI module location is an awesome spot! Hard to get into? Whats it bolted to?

MADDNE33

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 vs ute series 3
I like my stickers :(
I used the brackets mace supplied in the intercooler kit but customised them abit and ran a earth to the block. It pretty tight down there as you can see but kinda hides them away when looking from the front