Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Turbo VS Ute

MADDNE33

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 vs ute series 3
Thanks for the replies guys!

Got abit of spare time today so I bolted down the ecotec heads, top end, manifolds and turbo. New intercooler is on its way then im just waiting for my 3" cat back so I can send the ute off to have dumb pipe made, waste gate plumbing an finish the exhaust.

Also picked up intercooler piping with a BOV off a mate who used to have the same setup as im going to be running. 2.5" cold side and 3" hot side. Only problem being its mild steel so needs a good coat of paint or even have it chrome dipped :)

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Dammit I coulda done with that intercooler :(
And Lethal how much boost is the WRX running?

Leathal11

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 6spd Ute / VS 5spd L67 Ute III
Dammit I coulda done with that intercooler :(
And Lethal how much boost is the WRX running?

dont have the wrx anymore haha swapped it for a VY SS ute :D but it was running stock boost which is about 12-13psi

MADDNE33

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 vs ute series 3
Haha i sold the intercooler with thE MACE intercooler kit. I received my new one today. 600x300x76 bar and plate. Ebay special at $168 to my door. My mates pushing 27psi threw his ebay cooler making 580wrhp on a stock l67 bottom end so i think it will do the job fine.

Biglachs

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx executive and vs s3 ute
Haha i sold the intercooler with thE MACE intercooler kit. I received my new one today. 600x300x76 bar and plate. Ebay special at $168 to my door. My mates pushing 27psi threw his ebay cooler making 580wrhp on a stock l67 bottom end so i think it will do the job fine.

Fark D:!.....

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Lmao. Can push 50psi through it, still doesn't mean it's any good. The fact it's like a tenth of the price of a quality cooler should say lots for its quality.

MADDNE33

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 vs ute series 3
Lmao. Can push 50psi through it, still doesn't mean it's any good. The fact it's like a tenth of the price of a quality cooler should say lots for its quality.

^^^^ valid point. All im saying is this will work for me. Money is better spent elsewhere on a setup like this i believe