Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Turbo VS Ute

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
^^^^ valid point. All im saying is this will work for me. Money is better spent elsewhere on a setup like this i believe
I wouldn't be cutting any corners on a boosted setup, not so forgiving.
A cooler intake charge means less chance of detonation which equals less chance of smashing a hole in the piston crown.
Also a cooler intake charge means you can dial more timing into the tune which makes for a more punchy car down low.

MADDNE33

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 vs ute series 3
Picked up my cat back today. Manta 3" :)
null_zpsc83b2d8f.jpg

vzsv6manual

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6
Hey man what width and offset were your old wheels? Easily my favourite ute man love it!

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Seemed similar to my car and LS1's, so probably high 13's?
Not sure if full throttle though

dobesz

355ssute
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ss ute
So whats the go with your zaust, have u fitted it yet? I am running single three inch and it is spastic loud for dails, looking into custom stainless zaust.

MADDNE33

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 vs ute series 3
what did the l67 run at the drags before you started the turbo?

I only ever raced it with 245hp and it ran a 14.1 with 3.9 diff gears and wheel spin threw second. I think the intercooled setup would of ran a low 13 with the manual and decent tyres. It used to just spin 1st, 2nd and trail 3rd even with the 19's

Exhaust is bolted up but wont be starting it any time soon. It used to have a twin 2.5" into single 3" with 2 mufflers and that was to loud. Things have been put on hold as ive had a few dramas with my daily which needed attention and a holiday over new years has taken a lot of my funds away from the vs at the moment

MADDNE33

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 vs ute series 3
Sorry for the lack of updates. Not a lot has happened latterly as funds have been low due to the chrissy and new year break.

I have started removing the fuse box and wiring out of the engine bay to relocate it under the driver side kick panel. Managed to feed it threw the small hole in the firewall without un wrapping it all which was a relief. Battery will also be relocated to the tray and alternator will be moved to were the AC compressor used to sit.

In other news engine will be coming out this weekend. I was offerd a deal that I couldn't refuse. But I wont go into details yet... :)