Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

TVR's WK Statesman V8

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
What size pipes and did you get short or long extractors.
How does it all sound with the 3.5" catback, what sound level did you get.
They look nice and shiney.
The passenger side pipes will look heaps better once you fit an OTR and remove the airbox.

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
4 into 1 Short extractors.

Sounds really good, will try and get a good exhaust video tomorrow if the weather is good.

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
4 into 1 Short extractors.

Sounds really good, will try and get a good exhaust video tomorrow if the weather is good.

I have the same shorties HPC coated (are yours coated) and twin 3"x4" ballistic cats with the HSV catback.

HERONVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY2 SS
What size pipes and did you get short or long extractors.
How does it all sound with the 3.5" catback, what sound level did you get.
They look nice and shiney.
The passenger side pipes will look heaps better once you fit an OTR and remove the airbox.

Dont do the otr... Waste of money imo, it sits on a boiling hot radiator so the otr will obviously heat up and force hot air straight to your throttle body.
They look fancy though :p

Pod filter all the way in an enclosed polished box behind the headlight with some nice polished piping, thats the way to go :)

Al

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

Essassin

Bends spacetime
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Wagon, E36 318is Coupe
Looking good TVR.

I would go an OTR over a pod filter any day of the week...

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Dont do the otr... Waste of money imo, it sits on a boiling hot radiator so the otr will obviously heat up and force hot air straight to your throttle body.
They look fancy though :p

Pod filter all the way in an enclosed polished box behind the headlight with some nice polished piping, thats the way to go :)

Al

:rofl:

Spoken like a true v6 warrior with no idea.

TVR, the OTR is worth every dollar, depending on the tuner it will usually give you a good kick down low, but best of all is the throaty sound that comes from it :)

HERONVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY2 SS
:rofl:

Spoken like a true v6 warrior with no idea.

TVR, the OTR is worth every dollar, depending on the tuner it will usually give you a good kick down low, but best of all is the throaty sound that comes from it :)

Speak to any real engine builder mate. You have no idea.

The otr is a "young pups" idea, the idea being that you can hear the sucking all the time, blow hot air into your motor, lose top end power, but gain low end and maybe make another 5 or so kws out of it.

Not worth any money at all if you think logically about the effects on the health of your motor.

Its like wanting a cold glass of water to drink, but sitting the cup on a hot stove top and drinking out of it with a large straw, the water isnt going to be cold.

The coldest air you can get is behind the headlight or anywhere away from a heat source.
A boiling hot radiator is a nice big heat source, so why place your intake there?
Makes no sense at all.
And believe me, I know how hot they can get after driving dads se 2 vy clubby around for a week.

The block and the radiator core get extremely hot after a mere 10 mins.

Al

HERONVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY2 SS
But tvr,if you want to go with the running fad, go for it :) lol

Just my 2 cents on the matter

Al

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
Yeah mate but have you felt how hot the standard airbox itself gets in the engine bay, if you have been driving a bit, stop and lean on the airbox you will burn your hand on it. Everything in that engine bay gets ridiculously hot regardless of where abouts it is located.

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
im no engine builder.

but if you're sittin at a set of lights, an OTR will be sucking in hot air, just like any air box set up. you walk around a stationary car, u can feel the heat coming from under the car. but as soon as a car is moving its sucking the quickest source of air flow which OTR would be from the front of the car. the only real differnece is OTR is sucking the air lot quicker then an air box set up. they are both good in their own worlds (not starting another CAI thread)

TVR: u in the office baby