Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Twin throttle bodies

Liam85

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF ssv ute manual
had anyone seen this video lately of this VE ute with twin throttle bodies?
I think it looks bad ass for a N/a but I was wondering what the legalities of it are. I saw photos of heaps of cars at Summernats with similar setups but never seen one on the street. I'm guessing this is because this wouldn't be a street legal mod if I'm right?

Bigfella237

Reaction score
Members Ride
More cars than I've got space to park!
Can't even see that video, put it up on a real host that DOESN'T require me to "sign up now" to see it...

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Having a part of your engine sticking 6" out of a hole you cut out the top of your bonnet is the give away. Cover that with a legal cowl and your field of vision is impaired. Then there's emissions.
For what, 40 bhp? Pose mod.

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
looks like more wank factor than any real gains.

The issue is that you introduce changes in the air flow over the car, it could be theoretically possible that the second filter actually has air sucked out of it! In my VR4 days people were getting the evo vents put on with a vent cut out for a pod filter, the theory was to allow fresh air in, the issue was it didn't work as the vents were not in the right place to draw air through the vents and actually mean hot engine bay air was being circulated to the pod filter the solution was to replace it with the factory airboc which was a similar design to the OTR that a lot of people use on the commodores.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Dunno about NSW, but in Victoria you will be defected for 'obstructed vision'.

OzTurtle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Redline
If you're looking for something a bit different, have a look at the Harrop Hurricane set up. Looks mint, but would need more cubes to justify. 1 of these on a stroked bottom end would be killer!

Bigfella237

Reaction score
Members Ride
More cars than I've got space to park!
The issue is that you introduce changes in the air flow over the car, it could be theoretically possible that the second filter actually has air sucked out of it!
Yep, with most cars you get high pressure at the leading edge of the bonnet, then a lower pressure area toward the middle of the bonnet (where some, like Walkinshaw for example, have vents to suck hot air out of the engine bay), then another high pressure area at the base of the windscreen where the cowl panel takes in cabin air.

Andrew