Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tyre sizes help needed

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
Kumho KU39's are a great performance tyre at a not so expensive price but don't expect a lot of kilometres out of them as they are pretty soft.

VZSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
Ok cheers, I rang the tyre shop and they said they will match the web site so they will be going on next week, ill report back after the drive home ;)

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
. Occasionally the cheap tyre places will have old stock, which is why they are cheap...

No that's false.....When there is odd sized tyres, they tend to sit around for longer than more common sizes....These tyres that aren't so common, get sold to ANY tyre store from the wholesaler if a customer is sold on them....Sometimes they are on sold cheaper to the store due to age and it's UPTO the tyre store whether they pass on the saving to the customer.....Some tyre stores mention to the customer that they are older stock, hence the cheaper price and they might even mention how long to expect out of them in terms of years....

Another reason tyres might get discounted is pattern run out (like model run outs on cars) or the wholesaler is over stocked with particular sizes (also like particular model cars).

routier1642

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 Adventra LX6
Kumho KU39's are a great performance tyre at a not so expensive price but don't expect a lot of kilometres out of them as they are pretty soft.

I agree. I got some Kumho's a while ago.
They are definitely soft; I run them at 38-40 psi and they're still noticeably softer than the Falkens I had running at 34-36 psi.

Good tyres, though. Excellent grip, and despite the softness, low rolling resistance.

VZSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
Well I got them fitted last Tuesday and what a difference they made, no road noise and steers so much better, very happy ;)