Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tyres on Rims?

TMM

OEM+
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina S2
if u wana run 19s legally in nsw we just get vt ss tyre placards or sumn that reads higher as thery dont show model just say commodore and run 235 at the front
skruba
Then you'll get defected for the placard and the wheels. If the cop is defecting a VN for having wheels that are too large, chances are he's defected a VN for exactly the same thing before. He's going to know something is fishy with your placard.

markER717

Un-Donated Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 3.8L VN Calais S1
I chose not to go with the 245s because I really can't afford to take the risk of them not fitting at the moment. I'll have to look for something about 225s or 235s something that wont rub like a bitch, but with them is it still a good idea to get my gaurds rolled?

skruba

holden, honda, pitbulls
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp executive
will help havin it rolled i rekon it looks gud if done properly
and wif tyre placard as long as its put on clean wat can he say argue all day the placard ses wat it ses thats all that matters

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
will help havin it rolled i rekon it looks gud if done properly
and wif tyre placard as long as its put on clean wat can he say argue all day the placard ses wat it ses thats all that matters

lol Police actually carry a book that lists all the standard rim sizes for each model (same as the correct ride height for each model, steering wheel size etc.) so changing your placard won't save you.

Also its highly illegal to change your tyre placard, its no different to changing any other placard or id plate on the vehicle. There are large fines involved as well as the extra defect.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
I am fully aware that spacers over a I think 5 mm (could be 3mm) are illegal, but so are 19's on a VN as you can only go 2" up or down, so if they would make the wheels fit better or reduce wear I would be willing to put them on. But thanks for the advice on the chamber kit as I don't know much about that kinda stuff. I'm only really looking at these because they are cheap, but if they prove to be unsuitable I would defiantly stear clean of them and wait to buy better suited ones.

ANY spacer is illegal, unless the vehicle had them installed from factory, torana slr5000 for example(ive been told they ran spacers to fill out the wheels for the flares)

VN Lukey

BT1, the way to go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VN S1
I chose not to go with the 245s because I really can't afford to take the risk of them not fitting at the moment. I'll have to look for something about 225s or 235s something that wont rub like a bitch, but with them is it still a good idea to get my gaurds rolled?

Hey Mate!..

i had 19inch sigs all round for a week.. ( long story my cuz got pulled ova in his stato and got canaried on havin 19's on it and a list as long as his arm!!!! ) so i put them on for a week.. they fit fine..they were 235's no rub what so ever and my car is lowered 2-1/2 inches at the rear ( not sure bout the front but its low ) i have my guards rolled and they were sweet.. i dont even have a Adjustable Pan-hard-rod .. but it depends on how low u are.. i can pretty much just fit my pinkie in between the bump stop and axel... hope that helps you a bit more bro.. good luck mate :)

markER717

Un-Donated Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 3.8L VN Calais S1
Thanks luke, yeah I'm looking for 235s now and I reckon I will get the gaurds rolled. At the moment Ihave a stock panhard rod but im watching one on ebay and its fairly cheap so I might get it if it doesn't go too high, im on a little bit of a budjet now after losing one of my jobs.

Peter89

Reaction score
Members Ride
'90 S1 VN 3.8L A4 Wagon
Okay so I have some HSV VY senator sigs in my shed at the moment that I purchased a while ago, and a mate of mine has some tyres he had that are only about 5 months old and in near new condition, they are: 245/35 R 19 W. Will these fit on my sigs? and on my vn properly? it has king springs sl all round, is it advisable to get a camber kit or spacers or anything like that?

while running 19" rims on a commodore is retard, it would depend on the offset of the rims and whether they would fit and how much guard work is required.

17" or 18"s are the best, don't see people racing (track) on 19"s.