Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

tyres

damirdagsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
could anyone tell what is a good alrounder tyre to use on my recently acquired ss v. 245/40/r19 94w.

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997
The advertisers on this site will push their stuff at every opportunity.

I recently fitted Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalin RE001 which is a performance tyre at a reasonable price.
I have found these excellent in both wet and dry conditions and I generally run the tyre pressures towards the upper end of the spectrum. I have also been surprised at how quiet these tyres are compared to the previous Bridgestone Potenzas I had fitted. It's noticeably quieter even at low speeds. I have done about 3000 km since they were fitted.

This tyre is made in 245/40/R19 98W (extra load rating) - will carry 750kg max load.

The SSV is a fairly heavy car unloaded so I would prefer a tyre with a much better than minimum load rating.

This tyre is not too soft(in compound), as many of the high performance tyres are (like the softer compound and more expensive REO50A and REO50).

I have never had any balancing problems, or durability issues or traction issues with performance Bridgestone tyres I have used over the years on my commodores which is one reason I have tended to stick with this brand. I generally get 40 - 46,000 kms from a set with about 70% city driving kms. You need to watch the wheel alignment though.

The decent tyre companies will be able supply you with a brochure on the tyres that interest you so you can review them in more depth before you buy. Some are available online. (Bridgestone have printed a good one for the Adrenalin RE001 and there is also some info online.).

Passenger Tyres - Bridgestone Australia Ltd.

You will no doubt now get 20 different opinions with the question you have posed.

Cheers

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
You will no doubt now get 20 different opinions with the question you have posed.

Cheers

Also this topic's been done to death. A quick search will provide answers.

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
i prefer the bridgestones as well, i am not a fan of the no name or unheard of tyres(dont know what can go wrong) as i dont like to be tight with the money when it comes to a risking a 40grand car or my families lives.

damirdagsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
Lpg ss

Just wanting some feedback from anyone who has a lpg system installed on there VE SS. Any problems, loss of noticeable power or economy, etc. cheers.