Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tyres

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 II Commodore - Chlorophyll

vy1sv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv ute
hey mate i really recommend the continental conti-contact-sport 2's, youl love em i know i did, absolute precision there is nothing like them, but they dont last much past 20,000 - 25,000 kms depending how you drive. But im riding on some dunlop sp3000's at the moment because of cost but they are still just as good they are really confortable yet able to be ripped to the shreds, they last a really really long time aswell which is win win (roughly 35,000kms)!!! happy hunting.

Overall i would pick the dunlops, mainly because of their performance for the dollar and durability, but the continentals i would pick any day due to their pure performance aim they are truely the most enjoyable driving experience, only not this time due to their rather excessive cost.

Last edited:

Hairy Eater

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Executive V6
i was always told that good milage tyres dont hang on too well... and good handling tyres dont do many miles... its cos of the rubber compund... good handling = soft compund...... good milage = hard compound.... But you can get a tyre that has reasonably good handling plus good milage ... its a matter of finding a honest tyre sales person to help you select what you want....

HSVKEV260R8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY1 HSV Clubsport R8 M6
Try Nankangs, Tyrepower sell them, they're cheap but in no ways nasty, I used a set on my Clubby as 18's and they lasted for 50000kms and stuck to the road like the proverbial crap to a blanket! You should be able to buy them for approx $170 each. My second drop choice is the Falken ZE326 for price but grip is a little less.

Doctor Sodways

Legendary Baby!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Slammed VeeDub Rat and a Brunette...
Pirrelli make some good tyres, my recommendation for 17 inch tyres are the kumho 712 ecsta, good silica compund that wears well and handles nicely, a little more expensive than some but not over the top pricing