Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

UCI-geelong

old mate

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VB Sedan / GU Patrol
its better than those stupid ball games and horse racing though.

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
boss sent me home at 10 yesterday, and was ment to work today but he told me not to bother. so thats me missin out on extra coin.

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Cycle racing is a world wide sport. In much of Europe it is even bigger than motorsport. A good example is the Tour de France. Australia was fortunate to get this years World Championships and it will be a great monetary success for Geelong and Victoria in general. Just because you don't understand it or support it doesn't mean that it is not a great sporting event.

VRNathan

Reaction score
Members Ride
93 VR Berlina
I wouldn't be having too much of a whine about it; im sure its doing wonders for alot of small business owners and brings a bit into geelong; plus how often does this happen a year? I'm sure the people of Geelong will survive.

VNexecutive

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 5L
it isnt affecting me but it certainly is affecting businesses such as target and elsworthy retravision, apparently target only made $500 in sales thursday and elsworthy plan on sueing for loss of income or some **** like that

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
it isnt affecting me but it certainly is affecting businesses such as target and elsworthy retravision, apparently target only made $500 in sales thursday and elsworthy plan on sueing for loss of income or some **** like that

lol the bogans couldnt max out their cc's. Boohoo. While those greedy bastards made #### all, a friend of mines cafe has had the best week ever since opening. They can barely keep up and have had to employ 6 extra casuals to cover the week.

No one would expect target etc to make money, Norlane and corio are blocked off so people can't get there.

elmaso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS berlina
im pretty much trapped in newtown man, a real pain.

VNexecutive

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 5L
lol the bogans couldnt max out their cc's. Boohoo. While those greedy bastards made #### all, a friend of mines cafe has had the best week ever since opening. They can barely keep up and have had to employ 6 extra casuals to cover the week.

No one would expect target etc to make money, Norlane and corio are blocked off so people can't get there.

yep, i understand that cafe's etc are gunna benefit for the week, but not everyone owns a cafe. how many people are gunna travel down here to see the bike race and buy a set of brake pads or a tv or anything else that isnt food or drink. theres more than one type of business in geelong, and i can guarantee that theres been more of a loss than a gain out of this bike race.

it wouldnt have been such a problem if the main street through the middle of geelong wasnt blocked off. thats what ####ed everything.

as for your norlane and corio comment, i would have thought that you'd know kmart is closer, so they dont travel into town anyways. :D

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
^^^ When does anyone go to a tourism event to buy ####ing brake pads or TV's? Do you buy these items when you go on holiday to queensland or France? Torquay was booming all week, clothing shops, cafes, motels, restaurants and other general shops were also doing quite well. The way Geelong was shown to over 400 million people was nothing but a positive. Talk i heard while down there shooting yesterday the tourists loved the place and will be back again. How the hell is this anything but positive?

This is why Geelong is known as the bogan city, #### tourism, #### the rest of the world don't block our roads off or we will whinge like little bitches. This event was the best thing to happen in a long time, the hype it generated worldwide will see it making revenue from tourists for a long time.

Anyway, had a ball down there yesterday, loads of great people, brilliant race. A few shots:

UCI-Mens-Road-Race-Geelong-6.jpg

UCI-Mens-Road-Race-Geelong-2.jpg

UCI-Mens-Road-Race-Geelong-4-1.jpg

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
nice shots minux. had a ball down there, great event.