Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ultralows in rear of VR Live axle.

-ToM-

Bow Down to the Emperor!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Exec [EMPIR3]
Hey guys, im after some pics of VRs with Ultra lows in the rear. Ive got Super lows in mine at the moment, but i want to drop it another 30mm.

Imageshack - 200903150303.jpg

Also, i went into pedders today, and they tried to sell me this story.When i asked them about going 20mm-30mm lower in the rear they started going on about some bull**** where VR/VS's cant physically go lower then what my height is due to a hole needing to be cut in the boot for the diff, and massive guard rolling, possibly tubs, and springs not trapping even with shortened shocks.

Is there even an ounce of credibility in this information? lol

Daz750

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Z Series SV6
Get under it and have a measure, then you'll know for yourself. I'm sure they would want your money if it was at all possible.

-ToM-

Bow Down to the Emperor!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Exec [EMPIR3]
The guy didnt even measure it. He just looked at it from 25m away and said, Yeah.... Nah not a chance in hell.

nathg

Reaction score
Members Ride
MX83
Have a look at my ride pics. I've got ultras sitting on 18icnh rims.

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Tom - when I transported my old VR from my parents house to where I was living to fix it up for sale, it had NO springs, or shocks in the rear. Diff wasn't touching the chassis/floorpan, it made hard work getting on the trailer, but nah, not close to diff vs floorpan.

-ToM-

Bow Down to the Emperor!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Exec [EMPIR3]
Mate that is bang on what im after. How do you find driving with a full car load, scrubbing, and springs staying trapped?

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Well.. WHEN I had the car it was on compressed superlows, sitting on bumpstops. When driving it was bumpy as all ****, never took it out with a full carload, probably because I dont have that many friends. I never scrubbed, I had 15" ceptas. I had put cable ties around the springs to spring housing - looking back it was bloody stupid, but cause I had shortened shocks, there was never an issue with the springs falling out, only when I jacked up the rear they'd come a little loose

Thats how it went up the trailer

Thats sitting there with compressed superlows im sure it was

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS
this is how mine sat with ultralows and also with the upper spring insulators removed, the diff was real close to the bumpstops and and i think the springs were rattling abit cause they were touching metal. it looked good though lol.

dscf0694yl5.jpg

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
this is how mine sat with ultralows and also with the upper spring insulators removed, the diff was real close to the bumpstops and and i think the springs were rattling abit cause they were touching metal. it looked good though lol.

dscf0694yl5.jpg

Not trying to be rude here, but how did your diff sit near the bumpstops? Bumpstops aren't near the diff (in the comparison of height)