Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Uniacidz Ride VX SS Monaro Themed

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
oooo you actually have the little tab that fills the screw hole lol! I'm actually in the process of replacing both sides, I actually re-inforced the first tab with a piece of thin metal, hopefully helps it last

Yes, im so cool i have that screw hole cover. lol on both sides :p

I have thought about trying to find a way to reinforce and haven't come up with one yet
Unless something sits underneath it to take the weight, then i cant see how and if did that, be unsightly

Guy from Pick n Payless said his VE Commodore was the same and he had been looking out for one to arrive undamged and in the end had to buy a new one for $130

Seems like a common fault from ours to at least VE commodores.

Pick n Payless Blacktown
q5wUGEH.jpg

yFZrS4K.jpg

Oil
Time for a oil change today, weekend supposed to be warm and is end of my holidays so
Doing it with a cold engine so leaving it for a while to drip.
Im not one that likes flushes etc as can cause I reckon anyway can cause more issues down the track

Penrite HPR 10 Synthetic. 10x-60
Car loved it before so I am chucking it back in and in time for spring/summer

Mobile
Well got my mobile up and running again
The front camera glass underisde was dusty so decided to fix that up finally with some sponge and took apart phone

Fixed that but damaged vibrator.
Vibrator arrives after like 20days, install that and then decided to change batter and damage Sim card flex cable so essentially used phone as a tablet for another 20 days

Flex cable arrives, install that and put back together and all sweet finally
New battery is amazing

Also got a personalized case.
Sent photo to case people, printed and received within 20 days again and love it.
Evil Joker.
They can bascially do any image so thought i might get the car as a case also.

LTsf1J6.png

mD66dhN.jpg

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
link to who you got the case from?

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
For once a good oil sale at Supercheap Auto

For CLUB PLUS members, 35% off
Costs $5 to join and get $10 credit

$36.39 for the Penrite HPR10 5 litre is not a bad price at all.

Club-Plus-Banner-FINAL.png

4mvVwH7.jpg

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Number Plate fascia top Chrome Mould

Finally after like 4 years when I decided to look out for one, Calais chrome top number plate mould came about
Pick n Payless, wrecked car been there for 2 and half weeks cos I forgot to go last weekend

Usually these things cost $110 I had seen em on ebay and Gumtree and never could justify the price

Took a good 30minutes or prying it off the wrecked car as I have seen others at the wrecker but broken due to the adhesive tape. They can break quite easily if not done right

Anyhoos, cost me $12 + tolls + petrol = Bargain still and was primarily main reason I went

Arrived 945am, found car, removed by 1025am, home by 1110am and installed by 1155am
Not bad

Only issue was the tabs that had the auto double sided tape was too large for my fascia and blocked the number plate lights so a 10mins dremel tool and removal of the old tape and done

Surfaces wiped and prepped, new auto double sided tape applied and placed onto the car.
No measurements, done by feel on each end and pressed firmly in place and perfect

Also car is actually dirty and seeing as raining this weekend apparently, not gonna be washed. and also in the pics can see me tow bar cover painted and installed after like 2 years lolol

Car below was what it was on initially

Kinda like a before and after

651XSCr.jpg

CnUGAhG.jpg

jxolrZF.jpg

36cPQ7z.jpg

lAlu1AD.jpg

VB6x7R3.jpg

Last edited:

Mr max

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx commodore
Looks good. A lot better without that wing but each to their own. Nice score

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Ok so having some issues right now, well one issue really and that is the alternator is finally dying after 16 years use.

So hunting for a new one and getting quotes as well.

Got a place i can take to locally in which satisfied with labour charge and just gotta find a alternator and looking between a Bosch unit or Genuine Holden and a new plug

I have looked into changing myself, read up tutorials on this and other websites and looks to be a pain and I would be happy to hand over cash for someone to do. On a LS1, looks to be a prick of a job and everyone that has done one says its not easy and just really cramped

So anyway, will keep informed.

Might keep the original and see what or if can recondition it in some fashion

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
interested to see how you go, I think mine might be going. I was just going to buy a brand new Bosch or whatever the OEM is from eBay looks like they are pretty cheap on there. just looking under the hood it doesn't look super easy to access. Reconditioning an alternator is fairly easy, you need new slip rings and brushes as well as bearings and of course a vice.

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
interested to see how you go, I think mine might be going. I was just going to buy a brand new Bosch or whatever the OEM is from eBay looks like they are pretty cheap on there. just looking under the hood it doesn't look super easy to access. Reconditioning an alternator is fairly easy, you need new slip rings and brushes as well as bearings and of course a vice.

Got Original OEM Holden $210 + $25 delivery
Pretty good.

And yeh absolute pain in ass to get to.
I still might do it, but rather someone else to do. $132 labour is so much worth someone else to do as need some ring spanners as well

Even if i get the spanners, still difficult

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Alternator-GENUINE-140-a-Holden-Commodore-VT-VX-VY-99-04-V8-Gen3-Gen4-LS1-5-7L/263060209176?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

!BtVwj9wCWk~$(KGrHqMOKiEEvMRIJbYeBL7jOC!-yw~~_12.JPG

Last edited: