Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Unrefined VN

MoSkA

Steriotypical Wog
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 Subaru WRX
still road legal but I should mention the car will idle a bit rougher due to the fact that the rear 2 cylinders will run a bit lean and the front 2 will run rich.
It will go a lot harder though. Much more responsive.

HDT_aero

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
manual VN aero
ye its road leagal no copper could tell neway

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
nah i'm pretty good with hands on type stuff, just need to know what to do so i don't wind up buggering the whole issue
only recently started getting into the automotive mechanics side of things

MoSkA

Steriotypical Wog
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 Subaru WRX
Get a gregorys, you'll hardly ever have to go to a mechanic, depending on your confidence in your skills. I'm highly over confident, i've ****ed up a lot of things on the family car but always managed to fix them with persistance. In 2 years the family car has been near a mechanic twice. Once for new tyres and another time for a new fan belt that broke (I had the flu and was laid up in bed so I couldn't do it). I should mention this car is a F**D 87 stationwagon with over 450,000k's on the clock, so something is going wrong every week.

HDT_aero

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
manual VN aero
91exec gregoies mans are cr@p i threw mine out cause it doesnt tell me enough i needa get hold of a proper workshop manual

the gregories lets you down in the diff and trans sections

MoSkA

Steriotypical Wog
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 Subaru WRX
You need one for each. VN covers VN 89-91.
It is true it does let you down in the diff and trans section but if you're just starting to get into it it will definitely cover what you need to know.

HDT_aero

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
manual VN aero
haynes and gregories are bout $20 and are ok for your beginer mechanic workshop mans are alot more expensive however they go into far greater detail
however worshop manuals come in roughly $50 sections (engine, body, electrical, trans, etc) so if you want an all over man get a gregories or haynes

gregories and haynes manuals can be found in auto stores like sprints and repco maybe big w also

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
i'll try repco in midland, see if i can pick one up there. i suppose there'd be one for the vt as well ay

umm with that throttle body mod how's fuel consumption before & after, and would the car be any better for towing if i took out that bell mouth?