Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

unregistered penalties adelaide

taylormade93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV WAGON Series 2
So basically i thought my rego ran out on the 29th (no idea why?- mustve been the date of my last car) but it turns out that it ran out on the 18th. So i paid it as soon as i saw that it needed to be paid. But ive been driving around for a week unregistered and im pretty sure I got done by a speed camera on friday, so am i likely to get romped for it being unregistered? not tryna brag, just hell worried at the moment.
Any info or help would be great thanks.

VTS5

TechJunkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA 3.6L Dual Fuel
Any info or help would be great thanks.

Speeding with unregistered vehicle,,although its not gonna be pretty but,all the info you need will arrive in the mail.Good luck.

dags061

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Vacationer 253, VH SL 185 pack 253
Depends if you renewed before getting done by a speed camera.I always pay at the Post Office and keep the receipt in the glove box in case the cops pull me over.Good luck.

pablo

Donating member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Was a 1997 vt v6 wagon

taylormade93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV WAGON Series 2
Sorry, got flashed last Friday and payed the ergo the Wednesday that's just been (so after I was flashed)
Spoke to a copper mate at uni and apparently for unregistered ill be looking at a $230-$310 fine, if it's over a month without rego then it's considered uninsured which is a $900+ fine
He also mentioned that roadside cameras don't always follow up unregistered vehicles where as the ones at intersections etc will. So now I just play the waiting game!

pablo

Donating member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Was a 1997 vt v6 wagon
You can thank this penny pinching state government we are lumbered with for your predicamewnt! Abolishing rego discs last year was a bloody stupid idea, just to save a few cents per vehicle.

taylormade93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV WAGON Series 2
Dont want to make excuses cause honestly i should of double checked and made sure so im still at fault.
However, you are right if i had the sticker i would of seen the date and paid it before hand. It was a stupid move to get rid of them they are actually really helpful.
cheers

oscar03

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY ss hothouse green
so rego stickers don't exsist in S.A. any more???

i wish it happened down here in tas cause i hate them and get a $60 fine (almost) every time i get stopped and don't have it stuck to a window.

pablo

Donating member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Was a 1997 vt v6 wagon
Right on, no rego stickers here in South Oz. They give you a receipt with a small tear off bottom bit the we are supposed to carry in the glove box!.........All to save a few cents.......FOR THEM!

taylormade93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV WAGON Series 2
Does any one know how long it takes until you receive the letter in the mail? I'm under the impression that it takes two weeks, is that correct?
Cheers