Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Unregistered Vehicle Penalties

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
lol, oh wow. well said. FANTASTIC. I love these threads.

>_>

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Back at the OP, You get a $550 fine an a request for your rego to get cancelled from the police if your caught 3 times...(That's if you have a suspended rego)

Cheers
MaT

ProphetVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
A Pushie
I did read the sentence as a whole. I know what it means, he worded it wrong.

I didn't ask for anyone's opinion on if they think I should drive it or not, I asked for the penalties involved, maybe you should try reading the whole post before replying.

Thanks
You ask a question like this, you're going to get opinions whether you like it or not, and to be honest, if you don't take on the intelligent advice you've recieved here, you are a deadset moron. But based on your hostility towards anyone alerting you to the potential ramifications of your actions, you've already made your decision to put the life and financial welfare of others and yourself at risk. So go ahead, I just hope you don't injure anyone for their sake.

Hardstylin

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais
Back at the OP, You get a $550 fine an a request for your rego to get cancelled from the police if your caught 3 times...(That's if you have a suspended rego)

Cheers
MaT

Thank you very much for staying on topic and answering my initial question.

You ask a question like this, you're going to get opinions whether you like it or not, and to be honest, if you don't take on the intelligent advice you've recieved here, you are a deadset moron. But based on your hostility towards anyone alerting you to the potential ramifications of your actions, you've already made your decision to put the life and financial welfare of others and yourself at risk. So go ahead, I just hope you don't injure anyone for their sake.

Read the topic heading bud, do you see "Unregistered Vehicle Dangers"?

I KNOW the risks involved with driving an unregistered/unroadworthy vehicle, I made my decision within the first 5 replies made to this thread, they actually stayed on topic and answered my question instead of going on about how I can potentially hurt others and myself.

As much as I want a lecture, my parents do a good enough job, but thank you for the effort.

ProphetVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
A Pushie

I KNOW the risks involved with driving an unregistered/unroadworthy vehicle, I made my decision within the first 5 replies made to this thread, they actually stayed on topic and answered my question instead of going on about how I can potentially hurt others and myself.

As much as I want a lecture, my parents do a good enough job, but thank you for the effort.
Well I'm glad you're so selfish that you are aware of the dangers and want to continue anyway. I wonder if the victim of your selfishness will share your same views if you injure them and cannot pay for their injuries (and eventually the taxpayer to cover you when you go into bankruptcy).

Everyone replied with relevance to the initial post, in regards to what costs you could incur driving without rego, and believe it or not, without insurance is a very relevant potential cost. If you've taken offense to citizens who are also on our roads getting angry that there are ignorant drivers like you on our roads, then just take it.

It is drivers like you, who make our insurance premiums higher and make our taxes higher all because it's too inconvenient to catch a bus.

Go tell your parents they raised an idiot.

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR

If you were driving on your own private road, you'd have a right to say this, but the fact is you're planning to do this on public roads which we all share, so he has a right to say "Oh no you don't even think about doing what you're thinking about doing on our public roads which are 1/20,000,000th mine!"

This is the essence of what "society" is about. It's not just your own personal situation you're potentially impacting on.

Like someone said earlier, if you had asked "if I get a gun and run around a preschool shooting babies what are the penalties?" would you expect people not to say "WTF?! Don't do that!". Granted it's an extreme analogy, but it's an analogy none the less.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
I drive on the road in a registered vehicle....but I don't think it would pass roadworthy.

The rear boot seal is virtually missing, letting in exhaust gasses.
My tyres are sticking out 10mm past my wheel guard.
My window tint is illegal
My exhaust noise is illegal
My stereo is often times excessively loud
My sump plug has a minor leak until I get a new crush washer for it.

Come get me mother****ers!!!!! Line up the kiddies!!!!!

ProphetVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
A Pushie
I drive on the road in a registered vehicle....but I don't think it would pass roadworthy.

The rear boot seal is virtually missing, letting in exhaust gasses.
My tyres are sticking out 10mm past my wheel guard.
My window tint is illegal
My exhaust noise is illegal
My stereo is often times excessively loud
My sump plug has a minor leak until I get a new crush washer for it.

Come get me mother****ers!!!!! Line up the kiddies!!!!!

Difference being if you have a crash, you can actually pay for any injuries.

Hardstylin

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais
Well I'm glad you're so selfish that you are aware of the dangers and want to continue anyway. I wonder if the victim of your selfishness will share your same views if you injure them and cannot pay for their injuries (and eventually the taxpayer to cover you when you go into bankruptcy).

Everyone replied with relevance to the initial post, in regards to what costs you could incur driving without rego, and believe it or not, without insurance is a very relevant potential cost. If you've taken offense to citizens who are also on our roads getting angry that there are ignorant drivers like you on our roads, then just take it.

It is drivers like you, who make our insurance premiums higher and make our taxes higher all because it's too inconvenient to catch a bus.

That's funny I don't remember asking you how you felt.

Only a few people replied with relevance to my initial post, which is the penalties involved with being caught driving an unregistered vehicle, not:

• How I can injure myself
  • How I can injure others
  • How illegal and wrong it is
  • How I may increase your insurance premiums and/or taxes
  • What colour your dog is

Thanks for your input cupcake, next time save your time and mine.

ProphetVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
A Pushie
That's funny I don't remember asking you how you felt.

Only a few people replied with relevance to my initial post, which is the penalties involved with being caught driving an unregistered vehicle, not:

• How I can injure myself
  • How I can injure others
  • How illegal and wrong it is
  • How I may increase your insurance premiums and/or taxes
  • What colour your dog is

Thanks for your input cupcake, next time save your time and mine.
Is thousands in liability costs not considered a penalty? I must have been mistaken.

Your actions affect every other road user, so whether you asked or not, you deserve to hear what everyone feels on the topic.

My guess is you're an 18 year old who thinks he's invincible, but guess what you're not. It doesn't take much to make a little mistake that will have a catastrophic impact on someone elses life, as well as your own. I hope you get a fine, your attitude deserves it.

Status
Not open for further replies.