Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Unwanted plumbing

paddyj

Reaction score
Website
www.paddyjoy.com
Members Ride
VY Berlina
I have recently removed an old shed and have some unwanted copper plumbing in my back yard that I want to remove. I need to terminate the pipes where they come out of the back of the house. There are two, one hot and one cold.

I was hoping to do something like this:

pipe.jpg

Can anyone help, how can I seal them off like this?

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
my good man

im pretty sure that like electrical work, plumbing is the same, while you think you can do it, it's illegal to do unlicenced.

i sugest you call a plumber, spend the $200 for him to come out, cut the pipe and solder the fold properly,

satos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
You can easily do it yourself without crimping the end.
Buy yourself a male threaded pipe hose connector then install a female threaded blank to the connector.
Job done.

faroogoo

SENTINEL
Reaction score
Members Ride
GMH
Just get a Plumber out shouldn't take long to crimp it then hit it with the oxy & some brown tip.

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
as garth said plumbing and electrical work are illegal to do yourself (at least it is in Qld).
that's why the bastards charge so much

if you don't know what you're doing get a plumber

Tim Smtih

Sexy Man
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Members Ride
just buy a v8 lol
It's only illegal if you get caught. And as i'm not sure about the legalities of it i would recommend you check up on it. Obviously certain things must be done by a licensed plumber but i'm sure that doesn't apply to this situation. Read up on it, if you know what you are doing you are less likely to make a complete mess of it and then have to pay someone to fix it. A handful of responses on a forum will not cut it.

Plumbing Do-it-yourself for Dummies by Donald R. Prestly, 9780470173442 - Seekbooks

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Yeah, Its illegal in NSW also. But WIth electrical, im not paying someone $80 to removed and connect a few wires for a power point. I deal with much finer eletronics and 240 volts every day.

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
It's only illegal if you get caught. And as i'm not sure about the legalities of it i would recommend you check up on it. Obviously certain things must be done by a licensed plumber but i'm sure that doesn't apply to this situation. Read up on it, if you know what you are doing you are less likely to make a complete mess of it and then have to pay someone to fix it. A handful of responses on a forum will not cut it.

Plumbing Do-it-yourself for Dummies by Donald R. Prestly, 9780470173442 - Seekbooks

Thats right.

I wouldn't bother getting a plumber out for 5 minutes of work you could easily do yourself. Even getting one out to your place could be hard, and for such a small job they will charge you a fair bit. Sort of like electricians and powerpoints. $80 to replace a powerpoint? Bugger that, I do it myself.

I have often read up on certain jobs before I get a tradesman out, so I know exactly what should be done and then you can tell when they are stalling you so they can charge more.

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
just thought id put some info it for ya to think about

plumbing,
fine for unlicenced work for a individiual is $22000.

electrical
fine for unlicenced electrical work for a individual was $37050

source was the nsw fair tradeing website.

just something for all you diy's out there to think about.

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
I Think also, you can perform the work your self, then have a electrician go over it and confirm its safe and correct.