Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Up Coming VIC P Plate Restrictions - People Ain't Gonna Be Happy

les82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 304 T5 in build process, whii Statesman
i think these new laws are **** how do they justify an old stock HQ with a 308 as being dangerous? i would put money that a stock v6 commodore would have more power. it's crap why should some one have to sell their pride and joy because of some wanker sitting in canbera. well thats just my 2c worth

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
i say the law can get, you know what, i aint paying for a car im not allowed to drive

Stephen_Vn_Exec

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 Exec
Im in WA, and I think they are talking this up. Im in the **** if they do, I am only on my L's, and get my P's on 28th dec, however I already own my car, and its a 6. 91 VN. Im paying the car off to my parents, this law is just pathetic, alot of people get their car on their L's, what happens then :s just got to sell it and get a piece of crap that is prob half as road worthy as the commodore they had?

Keepleft

Mot Adv-NSW
Reaction score
Im in WA, and I think they are talking this up. Im in the **** if they do, I am only on my L's, and get my P's on 28th dec, however I already own my car, and its a 6. 91 VN. Im paying the car off to my parents, this law is just pathetic, alot of people get their car on their L's, what happens then :s just got to sell it and get a piece of crap that is prob half as road worthy as the commodore they had?

The new and existing graduated licensing systems will come to form the 'National Driver Training Scheme' over time, this is now under trial by the VIC and NSW governments with combined Commonwealth and state funding.

It's the reason why QLD, SA have already have made some progress on harmonisation of L's, P1 and P2 stages. These primary uniform goals are required.

A graduated system is in itself is nothing to worry about, and states should always control allowable speed limits/derestrictions, and certain 'program features and distinctions', such as restrictions on vehicle types based on blah blah blah.

A time *might* arrive some day when the states and territories effectively 'give up' the driver training and licensing role, a time when we'd have ONE primary single "National Driver Manual" as opposed to the numerous versions printed and Pdf'ed by each jurisdiction now. Much work would need to be done to achieve this. Legal complications too.

So to sum up, yes, you do indeed see increasing similarity between the states with driver training. You will note the driver emphasis is on DEFENSIVE driving.

Last edited:

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
just a quick update on this, on the arrivealive site, they have made the restrictions a lot clearer now, and stated penalties for disobeying this:

http://www.arrivealive.vic.gov.au/c_youngGLS_9.html

3 points and a maximum fine of $1100, OUCH!!!!

this penalty goes for ANY p plater disobeying their equivalent power restriction.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
oh, and another one, $500 fine for not carrying your licence if you're under 26, this came in 1 january 07, so make sure you've got that licence or prepared to be reamed!! (i know this as i just called vicroads about my licence suspension ending sunday and me working sunday with licence not returned to me yet)

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
ouch hey...

maybe itll stop some p platers killing themselves then... cant be all bad. Hahah nah, its ****. Sorry to all those who have project cars in there grages that they now cxant dirve, that blows!!!!!

if i say lost my licence now, would it affect me?

aZk.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
lost ur licence? in which way? misplaced, suspended, cancelled?

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
lost ur licence? in which way? misplaced, suspended, cancelled?

misplaced...lol...smart ass...

cancelled or suspended?

aZk.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
if suspended, you've theoretically still got your licence, just not allowed to use it, so should still be the before july 1st, but cancelled, well, not so sure yet, airstrikes trying to find out with his