Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

UPGRADE: 2010 MKII XR5T

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Moreso that a statesman is meant to be a luxury comfortable vehicle rather than manually shifted and 'feeling fast' if that makes sense. Rather than the physical size of it.

Zachariah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder Ute, MKII LV XR5 TURBO
Moreso that a statesman is meant to be a luxury comfortable vehicle rather than manually shifted and 'feeling fast' if that makes sense. Rather than the physical size of it.
regardless.... manual is still something i would like for it. maybe not immediately. but someday. right now i just gotta save and get that thing on the road

Zachariah

Reaction score
Members Ride
Earlier this year i went to my friends holiday house at Phillip Island, was an absolute blast. went fishing and skipping rocks. and had a great time with them as you can see
IMG_20220207_192525_1~2utjtygtfyrre.jpg
IMG_20220205_131505.jpg

caught up with my Grandpa this weekend and did some yard work at his place. i was able to take a few more pictures of her. and it turns out i might be able to get her to my place and store her there. i hope that is the case.
IMG_20220312_123919_4fy4f5i.jpg
IMG_20220312_125123_7fo4rjf45.jpg

IMG_20220312_125024_4ufjslnf.jpg

IMG_20220312_125104_4~2uteu5k5.jpg

4yui3rr2wekjrhr.jpg

can anyone give me some information on these rims? apparently Center Line mags.
they are going to have to be pumped up. and might be some trouble to get it out of park to move this thing...

Zachariah

Reaction score
Members Ride
Not a good day it was!!
the ST ran over a big rock on the road and smashed the transmission, and i could only get to first gear, in fact.. it was stuck in first gear and would not get out. so i went to the closest park i could find and turned it off, handbrake on and let the clutch out. anyone want to guess how much i am going to have to pay for what ever is broken? i am hoping its the linkages and not the entire transmission.
i was able to get an insurance claim and am currently waiting on a quote from the mechanic. sigh. all well. could be worse
IMG_20221121_155252_3u.jpg

Last edited:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Bummer when such stuff happens but if it’s an insurance claim it will only cost you the excess.

So make sure the repair is top notch and no short cuts are taken.

I guess the real question is what is the damaged, what will it cost to fix and will it be cheaper than the excess?

Reactions: Lex

Zachariah

Reaction score
Members Ride
it is not going to be cheap for me either way as i will have to pay at least 700 excess. and if it slightly more, might not be worth the claim as chances are i might have to pay more on my premium which happens to be next month. so really it comes down to the cost and what is damaged. unfortunately the mechanic has had no time to check my car as he is busy. had no car for 2 days and i'm missing her already

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Delay lodging the claim until after you pay the new premium (which will be higher but not because of the claim cause you haven’t lodged it yet but because insurance companies are shites).

Once you lodge it they will ask why and say you’ve said, the mechanic is busy and I couldn’t get it checked until now… they may increase the premium but likely they won’t and you’ll get at least another 11 months before they screw you on premiums…

PS: I‘d have jacked it up and put on stands to have a look underneath as a rock or stick could have jammed or bent the selector rods… if thats all, it may be an easy fix but check the rest of the gearbox thoroughly :p Still with tow fees and repair, it’s likely to still be over $700:(

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
I don’t believe there is a time frame specified within the policy book where a claim must be lodged within a specific period after an incident else it gets denied. There is a lot of leeway…