Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Upgrade VN Dash Pad to VR or VS Dash

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Got some picts of what it looks like with the demister vents installed...sikaflex is your friend ....first picture is the dash showing the oval vs demister holes ...these will be blanked over (as you can see in the third picture )to direct air up to the windscreen as air now enters from the opposite side with the vn demister vents installed.

Attachments

• vents.jpg
    vents.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 1,487
  • vsvn.jpg
    vsvn.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 1,712
  • dash 2.jpg
    dash 2.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 1,158
Last edited:

kirkson

Captain
Reaction score
Members Ride
93 vr v6 exec duel fuel
Hi guys, my son has a vn ss and yesturday we baught a vs dash and the door vents he wants to install into his vn the vs dash came with a wireing loom, can anyone give me any pointers into what to look out for, eg: the best way to hook up lights etc.
Thanks in advance Kirk

kirkson

Captain
Reaction score
Members Ride
93 vr v6 exec duel fuel
Gday mate I am goint to put a vs dash into my sons vn ss we have baught the dash and door vents the dash we baught came with a wiring cluster are you able to give me any pointers before I start this job? regards Kirk

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
The demister vents are a drama and have to be tackled first after you take your old vn dash out.You have to cut the vents out of the old dash and leave the old dash as a lot of broken cut up pieces which doesnt really matter as you are going to throw it away anyway. You need to cut a slot along the opposite side of where the original vs vents are in the vs dashpad metal work so the vn vents work and trim everything down on the vn vents so its absolutely bare as its a pretty tight fit.

Last edited:

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
Like I said above the demister vents are the first major hurdle.You have to cut them out of your old vn dash and trim them to a minimum so they fit in...you can carefully even use some heat (heat gun or gas bottle)to get the plastic of the vents to move to where you want.Cut 2 long slots in the steel valley from the base of the valley about 30 mm towards the top but leave the area in tact around the central mounting screw hole in the steel ...sikaflex is a essential item.When you have the vents so they will fit ,mount the dashpad on the car with the vents in position and sikaflex them to the pad and let dry. If you are happy with it take it all out and glue/seal everything up with sikaflex.
The facia vents dont line up either with conversion if you use a vn heater box too so you have to modify the vr facia duct outlet to get it to fit.
First picture is the vr facia vent with oval duct cut and moved over 12mm towards passenger side and sikaflexed up...second picture is vs dash installed showing problem....you will have to make a duct to connect the oval vr vent duct to mate up to the rectangular vn outlet duct also.
Last picture is how it looks at the moment.

Attachments

• vent.jpg
    vent.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 1,008
  • vent2.jpg
    vent2.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 1,546
  • vents 3.jpg
    vents 3.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 2,779
Last edited:

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
How it is atm

Attachments

• dash instal.jpg
    dash instal.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 1,027

aries75au

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive S1
so why didn't you use a VS heater core and air con set up I'm thinking of doing the same conversion but using complete VS interior including all the heater aircon bits. just wanted to see if it can be done and if its easier

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
youll need a VS firewall then too... HVAC box wont bolt up to the VN firewall...

now your getting into not worth the effort catagory!

aZk.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
I have finished the job now ..it was worth it it has changed the whole car and it cost me 100 bux....I didnt change the heater box ..didnt even upset the air conn(r12 refig)and the plastic bends with a bit of heat ...you just need patience..it will work out...it isnt TOO hard